Water - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Bob, saw your post on other thread but trying not to take too many threads off topic so back to here.

I have to apologise I went to Loch Enoch and meant to thank you for the tip but totally forgot. It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful and a great hike to it and back. It stayed dry so enjoyed swim out over some of the clearest water I've ever swam in. I had a lovely float on my back looking at the sky and hills and just thanking God I live in Scotland with these wonderful places not just nearby (ish) and that unlike our neighbours we have The Right to Swim in with the Right to Roam. I had my tomato soup sitting on the bank and it may have been one of the most peaceful places I'd sat after a swim, no cars or people just some birds. At that point though hypothermia started so had to get up and get moving, chittered for about 2 miles but last few were great. I haven't managed Loch Callater due to other weekend commitments, just stayed to local loch but wee touch of frostbite in fingers Saturday morning so may leave further afield till Spring time. Easier to drive shorter distances when only able to use thighs, chin and palms.

Thank you again. :ok:

Bob, saw your post on other thread but trying not to take too many threads off topic so back to here.

I have to apologise I went to Loch Enoch and meant to thank you for the tip but totally forgot. It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful and a great hike to it and back. It stayed dry so enjoyed swim out over some of the clearest water I've ever swam in. I had a lovely float on my back looking at the sky and hills and just thanking God I live in Scotland with these wonderful places not just nearby (ish) and that unlike our neighbours we have The Right to Swim in with the Right to Roam. I had my tomato soup sitting on the bank and it may have been one of the most peaceful places I'd sat after a swim, no cars or people just some birds. At that point though hypothermia started so had to get up and get moving, chittered for about 2 miles but last few were great. I haven't managed Loch Callater due to other weekend commitments, just stayed to local loch but wee touch of frostbite in fingers Saturday morning so may leave further afield till Spring time. Easier to drive shorter distances when only able to use thighs, chin and palms.

Thank you again. :ok:

That must have been a huge relief considering you were about to throw yourself into a loch.

You're a brave lass! I wouldn't get further than my bollocks in water like that before running for shore like a big jessie :ok:

There's plenty of me so cold takes a while longer to penetrate. :bouncy: Also I've been doing it for years so I'm better acclimatised , if you start in May you'll be joining me in my Ne'er Day swim 2016. :)

That must have been a huge relief considering you were about to throw yourself into a loch.

:P I wondered if anyone would pick up on that (had few of you in mind!) but dry weather does make it nicer for some odd reason. Although I do laugh when people say "in this weather?" when I'm going for a swim. I got out the water on Saturday feeling cold, especially my hands, but trying to get dressed in heavy sleet with fingers not working properly is what led to the bad chittering/pain. Think I need a pop up tent.

You could try a group shelter. Something like this http://www.tiso.com/shop/camping/bivi-bags/2-person-storm-shelter/

I don't think it was that one but I did look at one similar but the time to put up and take down was what put me off. I've got one of these

http://www.robierobes.com/buy/robie-original and whilst not as good as a shelter it's bit better than dressing with a towel round me! I have a big pop up tent for spray tans but it's 7 foot and kiddies ones are too small, if they made a wee 5' 2 1/2" one it would be perfect. :) I've also got a http://frostfire.co.uk/store/media/catalog/product/cache/6/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/l/black_moonbag_main_1.jpg

which is good for standing on. (unless you have brain freeze and forget and end up with frozen feet but a lovely dry moonbag!) :whistling:

Link won't work, it's a Frostfire moonbag.

Edited by G-Man

I don't think it was that one but I did look at one similar but the time to put up and take down was what put me off.

Group shelters take about 10 seconds to put up. Just stand in the middle and lift them over your head. You don`t need at least 2 people though.

Group shelters take about 10 seconds to put up. Just stand in the middle and lift them over your head. You don`t need at least 2 people though.

Just watched a video on you tube, do you mean you do need 2 people? It looks like 2 man thing on video and not sure if it's for standing up in, guys on video were sitting in it.

Just watched a video on you tube, do you mean you do need 2 people? It looks like 2 man thing on video and not sure if it's for standing up in, guys on video were sitting in it.

Sounds like he is volunteering to come along and help you oot of your wet gear.

You have said that before

If I find out that just because you and that bampot have shared rubber and he therefore has a higher G.T.A number than me I'll be raging.

Orraloon, he's googled that picture and no idea who that ug' is, here I am 'wetsuited' up.

fat-wetsuit.jpg

Edited by G-Man

If I find out that just because you and that bampot have shared rubber and he therefore has a higher G.T.A number than me I'll be raging.

Orraloon, he's googled that picture and no idea who that ug' is, here I am 'wetsuited' up.

fat-wetsuit.jpg

Please don't do that when I'm drinking. Just spat half a bottle of San Miguel over my screen.

I still have your original GTA T-shirt somewhere.

Should've farted before putting the rubber on.

fat-wetsuit.jpg