Scotland Starting XI in 5 years - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Starting XI in 5 years

On 5/7/2024 at 1:46 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

Chris Mochrie. Played a few games in first team this season and scored goal that got us promoted. I think the jury’s out however on his long term prospects. 

Well United's management have come to a verdict as he's just been released by the club!

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Well United's management have come to a verdict as he's just been released by the club!

Unlikely but maybe offered a better deal elsewhere. He was out of contract after all. Will probably end up at  a (Scottish) championship club or league 1 England 

20 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Patterson has already made it with us. I assumed this was about who will come in to the team in the next 5 years. Patterson is already very much part of our present and future.

And I agree that he's a good player. Hes had a bad patch but the talents still there. I would like to see him get a loan move next season if he isn't playing regularly. Maybe Spain or Italy would good.

The original poster put Gilmour, Porteous, Hickey, Ferguson, KT and Gunn in the 11. As much as I am excited about Doig, I think a smarter prediction will be that both Hickey and Patterson will be on over 50 caps each in 5 years.

I love chat speculating about the future. Especially when we have so many prospects that we can talk about. We seem to have a 2 or 3 new prodigies appearing out of the aether every season now. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

The original poster put Gilmour, Porteous, Hickey, Ferguson, KT and Gunn in the 11. As much as I am excited about Doig, I think a smarter prediction will be that both Hickey and Patterson will be on over 50 caps each in 5 years.

I love chat speculating about the future. Especially when we have so many prospects that we can talk about. We seem to have a 2 or 3 new prodigies appearing out of the aether every season now. 

Aye agree I had discounted Paterson prematurely. He just needs to find his confidence and game time again, in an environment that is at the right level for him.

Might be a stretch but he has really reminded me of Alan Hutton at times when he's on form

6 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Aye agree I had discounted Paterson prematurely. He just needs to find his confidence and game time again, in an environment that is at the right level for him.

Might be a stretch but he has really reminded me of Alan Hutton at times when he's on form

I do hope that Patterson gets back to form. If he does then it also opens up the possibility of Hickey featuring elsewhere, whether left back or even in midfield.

9 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Always difficult to predict who will develop but I can't say I'm all that excited about the under-21 squad which I suppose is the immediate future. Doig and Doak are probably the only 2 close to call up. I'd say that's low compared to other countries on average. I think Conway will continue to slowly improve and become a lower EPL player on a few years.

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I do hope that Patterson gets back to form. If he does then it also opens up the possibility of Hickey featuring elsewhere, whether left back or even in midfield.

When exactly was he in form. Has to be the most overrated player on here. 

24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

When exactly was he in form. Has to be the most overrated player on here. 

Agreed. He was never that great for us, certainly in defence. You feel like he had everything to become a top player but I worry he's missed vital stages in his development now. Needs to go to Italy as that seems to work wonders.