Clarke Great Competitive Record, Poor Friendly Record - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clarke Great Competitive Record, Poor Friendly Record

This is not a criticism its more of an observation.

Clarke has come out and said in the press " He would be loyal to players who got us to Germany!"

Was this a mistake ( with hindsight).

Just in Clarkes defence though I think Craig Levein had a good freindly record and poor competitively.

WE'RE the FAMOUS TARTAN ARMY AND WE'RE OFF TO GERMANY

I'm not giving up our hopes on one international break.

Was it a poor window? Yes. Can we get better? Absolutely.

I would be surprised at this stage to see any new faces.

Trust the process. Greece lost 4-0 to Netherlands in a friendly in 2004 ahead of the Euros, so they may as well just give us the trophy now.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:15 PM, GroundsKeeper said:

This is not a criticism its more of an observation.

Clarke has come out and said in the press " He would be loyal to players who got us to Germany!"

Was this a mistake ( with hindsight).

Just in Clarkes defence though I think Craig Levein had a good freindly record and poor competitively.

WE'RE the FAMOUS TARTAN ARMY AND WE'RE OFF TO GERMANY

No hindsight is needed, you simply pick the best players available otherwise we don't stand a chance. We have a small pool of players to choose from so we can't be picky.

It might be a blessing in disguise though with the friendly defeats as i think the team has a few issues needing resolved that's been discussed on other threads , hopefully Clarke can sort this out by the Germany game

15 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

No hindsight is needed, you simply pick the best players available otherwise we don't stand a chance. We have a small pool of players to choose from so we can't be picky.

It might be a blessing in disguise though with the friendly defeats as i think the team has a few issues needing resolved that's been discussed on other threads , hopefully Clarke can sort this out by the Germany game

🤞

People are oh so quick to complain and to forget the dark Levein days, he was by far and away the worst manager I've ever seen, the squads he had weren't as bad as his record suggests, he just got nothing out of them competitively. 
I'd take Steve Clarke ANY day ahead of Levein, Sir Steve has got us to 2 consecutive Euros... 

If we are qualifying for tournaments who gives a fuck about friendly results. 

On 3/30/2024 at 6:10 AM, N4Footsoldier said:

I'm not giving up our hopes on one international break.

Was it a poor window? Yes. Can we get better? Absolutely.

I would be surprised at this stage to see any new faces.

Trust the process. Greece lost 4-0 to Netherlands in a friendly in 2004 ahead of the Euros, so they may as well just give us the trophy now.

👍

18 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

People are oh so quick to complain and to forget the dark Levein days, he was by far and away the worst manager I've ever seen, the squads he had weren't as bad as his record suggests, he just got nothing out of them competitively. 
I'd take Steve Clarke ANY day ahead of Levein, Sir Steve has got us to 2 consecutive Euros... 

If we are qualifying for tournaments who gives a fuck about friendly results. 

👍 good post