Restricted View - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Restricted View

PMH

Just wondering if anyone else on here was “lucky” enough to fork out a fortune for the handful of Cat. 1 Restricted View tickets for the opening game?

I’ve been buzzing since getting me a my two young lads in, they were part of the official SSC allocation, so the fact that we’re in is amazing, but but can’t help but wonder what it will be like, especially considering how much I’ve paid to UEFA as opposed to some dodgy tout? 

10 hours ago, PMH said:

Just wondering if anyone else on here was “lucky” enough to fork out a fortune for the handful of Cat. 1 Restricted View tickets for the opening game?

I’ve been buzzing since getting me a my two young lads in, they were part of the official SSC allocation, so the fact that we’re in is amazing, but but can’t help but wonder what it will be like, especially considering how much I’ve paid to UEFA as opposed to some dodgy tout? 

It’ll be fine. 

It’s not like being stuck behind a pillar at Parkhead. 

For the Euros, they’re very strict on classifying any minimal hindrance as a restricted view. It can often be if you are close to a handrail / barrier - for example, front row of a stand or seats above an entrance where the have a railing so you can’t fall. 

I'm restricted views for my games. From the pictures I've looked at, for Munich and Cologne at least, it looks like anywhere that could be classed as restricted view are around the entrances into the stadium from the concourses. Even then it looks like its a wee fence or barrier.

• 2 weeks later...

As opposed to this, which the SSC told me absolutely nothing about when paying/collecting this ticket in Lille.

Thanks for that 🙄

Never even acknowledged my email when I got back just to let them know it was a bit crap.

IMG_3092.jpeg

From the looks of all 3 stadiums, the restricted view seats are more than likely specific to the sections where you sit under the overhang of the tier directly above, so you may have to crouch down to see certain sections of the pitch, this is fairly normal in stadiums that have multiple tiers of seating.

16 hours ago, niallb said:

As opposed to this, which the SSC told me absolutely nothing about when paying/collecting this ticket in Lille.

Thanks for that 🙄

Never even acknowledged my email when I got back just to let them know it was a bit crap.

IMG_3092.jpeg

Based on this photo, I don't believe there is ever a clear communication between FAs on the quality of seating reserved for away fans outside of disabled seating. In my opinion if rightly comes with the territory of the away fans having the shittest seats in the house as a rule of thumb. But that might not be the most popular opinion, also brings back my previously unpopular argument that away games should be treated as being unallocated seating, but I won't go there this time 😉

For the record, I do expect everyone to sit (or hopefully stand) at or by your allocated seat for the Euros. 

On 3/19/2024 at 9:22 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

i took a restricted view one for Swiss game as no fans first left. 

I think it might be front few rows. 

Same here Squirrel and I know its already been discussed.

But the frustrating thing was although the UEFA system told us there was no Fans First (FF) tickets left, there was.

Its just that the system couldn't cope with the volume of traffic at once. 12K traying to access , 3K FF tickets within secs of it opening up.  

Was just a lottery and for opening game it was the difference between 50 and 200 euros per ticket.

Very poor show from SSC and UEFA.

Needs to be sorted for the knock out phase if we progress.

Highest points get access first, only fair way to do it.

Edited by GroundsKeeper

On 4/1/2024 at 3:09 PM, GroundsKeeper said:

Same here Squirrel and I know its already been discussed.

But the frustrating thing was although the UEFA system told us there was no Fans First (FF) tickets left, there was.

Its just that the system couldn't cope with the volume of traffic at once. 12K traying to access , 3K FF tickets within secs of it opening up.  

Was just a lottery and for opening game it was the difference between 50 and 200 euros per ticket.

Very poor show from SSC and UEFA.

Needs to be sorted for the knock out phase if we progress.

Highest points get access first, only fair way to do it.

They will offer the tickets out in bulk as they did for the group stages.  They'll struggle as it is to cope with the demand to get codes out without having even more ticket sale schedules.  

11 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

They will offer the tickets out in bulk as they did for the group stages.  They'll struggle as it is to cope with the demand to get codes out without having even more ticket sale schedules.  

Time will tell but the feedback they got from the Association of Tartan Army Clubs, was that the points system should have been been used.

Whether they listened is another matter, but hopefully we will find out IF we do progress.

22 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Time will tell but the feedback they got from the Association of Tartan Army Clubs, was that the points system should have been been used.

Whether they listened is another matter, but hopefully we will find out IF we do progress.

When we progress pal 👍