Where will team be based? - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where will team be based?

8 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

Does anyone know where our team will be based at in Germany during the tournament? I read from most nations where they will base themselves but not ourselves…

Announced on social media channels recently by the SFA. 

IMG_8862.png

A part day trip sounds like a braw idea maybe on the Thursday, It looks like an hour by train from Munich. Does anyone know if there is anything there ? ie a pub or two !!! Me and my pal arrive on the Wednesday so if anyones up for it think wed go for it as long as we could get back for the Munich atmosphere mid to late afternoon. Could be a hoot.

13 minutes ago, WeeJohnny said:

A part day trip sounds like a braw idea maybe on the Thursday, It looks like an hour by train from Munich. Does anyone know if there is anything there ? ie a pub or two !!! Me and my pal arrive on the Wednesday so if anyones up for it think wed go for it as long as we could get back for the Munich atmosphere mid to late afternoon. Could be a hoot.

I would guess the team will be in Munich on the Thursday to train on the pitch. 

I went up the Zugspitze years ago with wife & weans via cable car (expensive).   If you go, save the beers for afterwards as the summit rocks were like polished glass, though maybe they've fixed the handrail by now.

Oh, and there's a pub at the cablecar top 😄

• 3 weeks later...

I went there some years ago. If I recall, it was the pick of locations to visit around Munich, for a weekend break. Like a mountain resort town, plenty to see and do. I couldn't swear it was big enough to host a tartan army's worth of footsoldiers/drinkers though...

1 hour ago, exile said:

I went there some years ago. If I recall, it was the pick of locations to visit around Munich, for a weekend break. Like a mountain resort town, plenty to see and do. I couldn't swear it was big enough to host a tartan army's worth of footsoldiers/drinkers though...

Maybe the team are best left to concentrate on their fitba. 🤣