SFA ticket sale - Page 2 - Netherlands v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA ticket sale

CAT

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

I must admit I am losing a bit of patience now, I dont have loads of cash, I am not working & hanging on to get my pension in a year, my money goes on following Scotland, I am going to the Euros & my daughter didnt have enough loyalty points so she was really disappointed, but expected-I thought she should atleast have the trip to Netherlands match, we hing on for tickets, but in the end she had to get time off & we were afraid of losing flights so we have booked flights & hotel without knowing she will get a ticket, I wasn’t blaming SHA but from your info it appears the tickets have been on sale in the Netherlands for a while-makes me feel a bit miffed….. first thought should always be for the fans & arrangements fans have to make- I am old enough to realise we have never been the priority, however, this game was arranged in early December, somebody at the SFa should have been proactive in getting allocation sorted shortly afterwards-its all very disappointing tbh

It's absolute nonsense allowing this situation to continue. As i said the tickets have been on sale for the Dutch fans for 6 weeks or more. So they must know the section in the ground that they have set aside for Scotland fans. Go on the Netherlands fa ticket site and you will see the ticket sale. Just got the feeling that the sfa are quite willing to allow this to continue without forcing the issue. That is certainly the impression i get from their reply to the email i sent them. We have already sent the tickets to the Northern Ireland fans for the game at Hampden weeks ago. Absolutely no explanation why we aren't being told our allocation for Amsterdam. The sfa should be on their backs about this big style. 

30 minutes ago, thesaint said:

It's absolute nonsense allowing this situation to continue. As i said the tickets have been on sale for the Dutch fans for 6 weeks or more. So they must know the section in the ground that they have set aside for Scotland fans. Go on the Netherlands fa ticket site and you will see the ticket sale. Just got the feeling that the sfa are quite willing to allow this to continue without forcing the issue. That is certainly the impression i get from their reply to the email i sent them. We have already sent the tickets to the Northern Ireland fans for the game at Hampden weeks ago. Absolutely no explanation why we aren't being told our allocation for Amsterdam. The sfa should be on their backs about this big style. 

Thanks for the info, I wasn’t aware of the Dutch FA sale to home fans was begun that long ago & I am astonished N Ireland fans have tickets…..I have even tried to get into to SFA supporters club log in for couple of weeks & thats down for maintenance still….. I got the same reply as you did when emailing the SFA, even if they had just made an announcement in an email that they were still waiting for the Dutch FA & I an apology that would have atleast been something. 

Utter nonsense from the SFA I'm not believing they don't know how many tickets we've got. Even that number allows us to think through likelihood of securing one. 

If they wont be sold for now then fine but throw us some info. 

Hotel and Flights booked with the usual extra hike in prices that comes with a game. Still no word if we are even getting any tickets. Is there a minimum requirement for friendlies?

Edited by Langtoun exile
Spelling

Presumably we've been offered c1500-2000 tickets & are in negotiations for another c1000.

Obviously I'm just making up the numbers, but presume the Dutch FA are holding off, to see if they can sell enough home tickets to warrant them allocating the additional section to home fans or if not, then we'll get another 1k tickets.

As I said, don't read anything into the numbers I've used, just plucked them out of thin air, no inside knowledge. 

1 hour ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Looked on the Dutch FA website- prices 35 to 82 euros, seems a bit steep for a friendly, looks like sections we might get 415-417 maybe 35 euros, most of the ground greyed out so not sure if that means they are sold out or not

Think the greyed out sections will probably be sold. Certainly hope we get the 35 euros tickets.That's enough for a friendly. 

I am beginning to think that perhaps its not the Dutch FA allocation that is the delay in tickets being up for sale, but the SFA travel club log in has not been possible for week(s) owing to ‘current maintenance’ , so the real reason is that they are having difficulty in setting up the new ticketing system

14 minutes ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

I am beginning to think that perhaps its not the Dutch FA allocation that is the delay in tickets being up for sale, but the SFA travel club log in has not been possible for week(s) owing to ‘current maintenance’ , so the real reason is that they are having difficulty in setting up the new ticketing system

Only a week till the season tickets go on sale as well, there may be trouble ahead as someone once sang

1 hour ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

This scenario would be a potential nightmare 😱

22 hours ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Don't think anybody could have predicted that. 🤣

On 2/19/2024 at 2:01 PM, LoganRoy said:

The SFA are waiting on the final allocation. We'll be emailed this week with ticket details.  

Email for us all today with reference to match package for 2024 home games-No mention of Netherlands match-log in still down on SFA website-so I emailed SFA again just now they replied -‘Netherlands game will be announced in due course’ 

WTF, i mentioned Dutch FA have had tickets for sale for weeks & why SFA has not been pro-active in resolving this by now, that was ignored-really disappointed that it appears the effort in making arrangements to get to an away match, expense etc is not worthy of a better response

7 minutes ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Email for us all today with reference to match package for 2024 home games-No mention of Netherlands match-log in still down on SFA website-so I emailed SFA again just now they replied -‘Netherlands game will be announced in due course’ 

WTF, i mentioned Dutch FA have had tickets for sale for weeks & why SFA has not been pro-active in resolving this by now, that was ignored-really disappointed that it appears the effort in making arrangements to get to an away match, expense etc is not worthy of a better response

It’s incredible that they would send out that email update without even a paragraph section to say that Netherlands tickets will be announced in due course (as a bare minimum). 

Absolutely hopeless.  

9 minutes ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Announced in due course... that takes the biscuit. I had the same stock response from them. Not in the least bit interested in any of the points i was making regarding the fact that the  Dutch have been buying tickets for months. We are just a cash cow for them i'm afraid. 

6 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

It’s incredible that they would send out that email update without even a paragraph section to say that Netherlands tickets will be announced in due course (as a bare minimum). 

Absolutely hopeless.  

Hopeless is an understatement. 😡

This is going to be an absolute shambles. It's quite impressive how the SFA manage to continue to have a seemingly never ending conveyor belt of useless dafties running the show. 

Not only are they leaving everything to the last minute (again) in installing a "new system", but they are telling US that we need  "to ensure your account is set-up correctly". 

What do we pay them to do? They have all our information already. Why don't they make sure it's set up correctly for us????

Oh for a Marjory Nimmo type running the travel club again. When it was set up in roughly 1980 I think, I had set up a small supporters club for Scotland fans, she was amazed that we travelled so far just for home games… on occasion she would phone up tae, she sent a 1982 Scotland World Cup jersey for us to raffle to raise funds for the club-a wonderful person & a total credit to the SFA, i was totally appreciated & any help or query she was there to help…..ok so there weren’t as many travel club members in those days but I don’t remember a single reason to be dissatisfied….. the replies we get back now to queries etc are generally  totally customer UNFRIENDLY & disappointing

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

This is going to be an absolute shambles. It's quite impressive how the SFA manage to continue to have a seemingly never ending conveyor belt of useless dafties running the show. 

Not only are they leaving everything to the last minute (again) in installing a "new system", but they are telling US that we need  "to ensure your account is set-up correctly". 

What do we pay them to do? They have all our information already. Why don't they make sure it's set up correctly for us????

Your bank/broadband/utility providers manage to successfully migrate to new systems without ever asking the customer 'to ensure your account is set-up correctly', and they have multiple more accounts to administer than the SSC.

Whoever is signing off on SSC customer communications these days needs their backside booted up and down Carmunnock Road.

7 minutes ago, DontTouchTheChaCha said:

Anyone got a sense of what they expect the points reqd to get a ticket will be? Suppose difficult to get a sense until allocations confirmed…

That's the problem. People on lower points need to know the allocation we are getting before booking flights etc. The Dutch must know by now how many tickets they are giving us. Match only 4 weeks away and they have been selling home end tickets for months. The sfa should be demanding to know how many we are getting by this stage. They are so f.. king scared they might upset them and yet bend over backwards to accommodate fans who come to Hampden. The Northern Ireland fans have already got  their tickets weeks ago. Useless. Totally useless. 😡😡😡

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Your bank/broadband/utility providers manage to successfully migrate to new systems without ever asking the customer 'to ensure your account is set-up correctly', and they have multiple more accounts to administer than the SSC.

Whoever is signing off on SSC customer communications these days needs their backside booted up and down Carmunnock Road.

Their decision to avoid any mention of the Netherlands game just smacks of almost fear to attract attention to the fact that they don’t have the answers. 

Anyone working with a customer base (I work in IT) knows that it’s better to just issue an update periodically even if you don’t have the answer/solution yet. 

All they’ve done is create umpteen people emailing them asking for information - for them to then have to respond. All because they just want to bury their heads in the sand. It’s mental. 

30 minutes ago, thesaint said:

That's the problem. People on lower points need to know the allocation we are getting before booking flights etc. The Dutch must know by now how many tickets they are giving us. Match only 4 weeks away and they have been selling home end tickets for months. The sfa should be demanding to know how many we are getting by this stage. They are so f.. king scared they might upset them and yet bend over backwards to accommodate fans who come to Hampden. The Northern Ireland fans have already got  their tickets weeks ago. Useless. Totally useless. 😡😡😡

We just normally go anyway mate. Only recently started having enough points to routinely get away tickets. TBF we’ve never had any hassle sitting in the home end, but absolutely accept there will be issues somewhere - we have just been lucky so far. Craic is worth it for me ticket or not.

3 hours ago, DontTouchTheChaCha said:

We just normally go anyway mate. Only recently started having enough points to routinely get away tickets. TBF we’ve never had any hassle sitting in the home end, but absolutely accept there will be issues somewhere - we have just been lucky so far. Craic is worth it for me ticket or not.

Yes.That's fair enough but a lot of supporters wouldn't go without a ticket.They should be catered for.