NI home friendly Tues 26/3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NI home friendly Tues 26/3

Silversand

19 hours ago, supersub said:

Was hoping for a more glamorous fixture but it will give us a chance to try out or bed in formations/tactics.

Should be a decent atmosphere as the Irish fans made a lot of noise on their last visit to  Hampden.

Apparently they are NOT irish , THEY ARE BRITISH.

They took great delight in telling me that in dublin when we played them in the Carling cup.

I had one of those comdey lepricon hats with orange beard on and they were not happy bunnies for some reason.

Can't generalise as too much as I know a few great , really nice NI fans, but they also have a very nasty " rule britania" element.

Post Carling cup.

Bumped into some NI fans in berlin when Scotland were on route to bratislava a few years ago. To cut a long story short, they wore no colours and you wouldn't know they were in the pub unless they spoke to you. Which ofcourse they did.

We were in kilts and they came over for a chat trying to sniff out any celtic fans.

Then started to fight with the locals. 

Exit stage left, before the police arrived.

Edited by GroundsKeeper

• 2 weeks later...