Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may… - Page 6 - Scotland v Switzerland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may…

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DunnwaldDosser said:

If you are looking for a decent warm up spot for a few beers,this place is pretty decent as a beer garden when the weather is good. It's in a park on a direct tram line to the stadium and has a load of screens:

Service not the best mind...

Richard-Wagner-Str., 50667 Innenstadt

http://www.biergarten-aachenerweiher.de/

This is the better of the two officlal fanzones and next to a park and Koln-Deutz Train station...

https://www.stadt-koeln.de/artikel/73039/

2 hours ago, DunnwaldDosser said:

If you are looking for a decent warm up spot for a few beers,this place is pretty decent as a beer garden when the weather is good. It's in a park on a direct tram line to the stadium and has a load of screens:

Service not the best mind...

Richard-Wagner-Str., 50667 Innenstadt

http://www.biergarten-aachenerweiher.de/

Yeah, I think this will be one of the main three spots together with old town and Zulpicher Street 

On 12/5/2023 at 8:41 PM, jailer said:

45 in our group staying in Koblenz 17th -20th so it will be lively 🥳🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺

Jeez, there's 6 of us and I thought that would be a party!! your mob ensures carnage!

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, lennytiger said:

Hi David decided to move from refrath to the Chelsea hotel in cologne Belgian district got a good deal is this a good area 

Good decision if not too expensive as now you are in all the middle of the action. It's a great area. You are not too far from one of the places to be: Zulpicher Str Student quarter :)

3 hours ago, lennytiger said:

Thanks for the info David, don't know about the student bit though I'm 59  like a good party though lol 👍

It’s a quarter with cafes, pubs , bars and a few late night clubs. You’ll find sth that suits 

On 12/5/2023 at 12:56 PM, TA-West Germany said:

You will be quite close to where I live. 🙂 pm me if you like some advice on a few pubs etc 🙂 

Is there easy access into city/  ground from this area? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

33 minutes ago, davefaekofta said:

Is there easy access into city/  ground from this area? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Oh aye, from there you can walk to Line No 1 that will take you to stadium. Also walking to old town is a max 20 Minute walk. But there's trams too. It's all very central and easy. Cologne is not too big mate...

4 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

Oh aye, from there you can walk to Line No 1 that will take you to stadium. Also walking to old town is a max 20 Minute walk. But there's trams too. It's all very central and easy. Cologne is not too big mate...

Superb,thanks pal🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• 3 weeks later...

staying in the trip inn hotel ariane the day of the game before moving to the best western hotel koln city the day after the game so thursday before getting the train from cologne on the friday to stuttgart. these good places to stay?

On 4/12/2024 at 3:39 AM, stevie999 said:

Siegburg, Nordrhein-Westfalen how far is this from the stadium and is it quite easy to get there 

5 of us staying in Siegburg at the fabulously named Hotel Oktopus.

7 hours ago, giblet said:

5 of us staying in Siegburg at the fabulously named Hotel Oktopus.

Aye 5 of us staying in Siegburg too. Seems like a good few TA there. Found a sports bar called Butchers there that looks good for watching the other games

8 hours ago, Rawlinho said:

Aye 5 of us staying in Siegburg too. Seems like a good few TA there. Found a sports bar called Butchers there that looks good for watching the other games

Butchers is a bar of one of the old Cologne boys. Good place 

16 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

staying in the trip inn hotel ariane the day of the game before moving to the best western hotel koln city the day after the game so thursday before getting the train from cologne on the friday to stuttgart. these good places to stay?

Both very central 

3 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

Both very central 

perfect thanks. i stayed in cologne a few years ago when Bayer Leverkusen played Celtic before getting the train over to Leverkusen. spent the day drinking in a irish bar called the corkonian if i remember correctly, cracking city cologne the cathedral is some building.

6 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

perfect thanks. i stayed in cologne a few years ago when Bayer Leverkusen played Celtic before getting the train over to Leverkusen. spent the day drinking in a irish bar called the corkonian if i remember correctly, cracking city cologne the cathedral is some building.

Corkonian Irish Pub in middle of old town yeah, that will be one of the places to be…