Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may… - Scotland v Switzerland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may…

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, stitch said:

Hi we are travelling from Munich on the Monday.  Where is a good place to stay close to cologne and also easy to get to from the game.  Thanks for any help

First choice would be city soil. But anything around city is fine. You can also book hotels in neighbourhoods outside city centre. Here is a map of the public transport you can download: https://www.kvb.koeln/fahrtinfo/liniennetzplaene.html?INCLUDEMODUL=dokumente_einzeln2.mod/inc.download.php&downDokument =3442

You can go down as south as Bonn, as north as Düsseldorf, as East as Bergisch Gladbach and as West as Düren. Coming to town will be easy from those places. Public transport will bring you to town. Stadium is easily reachable by tram from city centre within 15 minutes.

Just share the place you want to book and I will check if making sense to book it.

7 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Will pass it on.  Cheers. 

@LoganRoy

when is your flight back from Brussels? Or are you/others just based there? As SteveMcD said there are some options with flixbus or trains but I would not recommend try going back straight after the game as it could be bit hectic

Edited by TA-West Germany

7 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

We're based in Frankfurt, so likely get the ICE back. Do we expect more late night trains @TA-West Germany

My rec would be to go to old town after game, enjoy little party and take first early trains to Frankfurt. Getting back from stadium to city centre could be bit tricky after game as trams are overground and mix up with traffic. Game finishes about 10.50pm and then it depends on when your trains are going back to Frankfurt. I would definitely ease this plan a wee bit and take early train back.

3 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

My rec would be to go to old town after game, enjoy little party and take first early trains to Frankfurt. Getting back from stadium to city centre could be bit tricky after game as trams are overground and mix up with traffic. Game finishes about 10.50pm and then it depends on when your trains are going back to Frankfurt. I would definitely ease this plan a wee bit and take early train back.

We've found there's a 1.50am train, but if we miss that there's a 3.40am; if not, the 6 of us can kip on your floor eh?

48 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

We've found there's a 1.50am train, but if we miss that there's a 3.40am; if not, the 6 of us can kip on your floor eh?

Hi mate. Where are you getting this information from? We are travelling back to Brussels too after the game but I can only see last train at 23.15 and first at 05.15. Ta

3 hours ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Hi mate. Where are you getting this information from? We are travelling back to Brussels too after the game but I can only see last train at 23.15 and first at 05.15. Ta

Sorry - this is for Frankfurt.  Couple of mates are going back to Brussels.  

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

We're staying in central Dusseldorf for this, what's the train service to and from Cologne like, will it run through the night?

Trains go all night. Either ICE, Regional trains or S-Bahn. S-Bahn will take you wee bit longer as more stops. ICE is direct and Regional has few stops only. Getting from CGN to Düsseldorf is no problem all around the clock mate

16 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

Trains go all night. Either ICE, Regional trains or S-Bahn. S-Bahn will take you wee bit longer as more stops. ICE is direct and Regional has few stops only. Getting from CGN to Düsseldorf is no problem all around the clock mate

Superb cheers 👍 Is it correct that your match ticket will get you on the train for free up til 6am?

20 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Superb cheers 👍 Is it correct that your match ticket will get you on the train for free up til 6am?

Yeah, the tickets will be covering local public transport for each local network. As far as I know all local public transports of the 10 host cities cover this. Going to Düsseldorf will mean though that you go from VRS (Cologne and area) to VRR (Düsseldorf and area) but as Düsseldorf also host city I don't think this will be any problem. For Cologne home games tickets usually valid for public transport until 3-4am (until first trams running again) but I think all this will be easy. I think if you talk to one of the ticket inspectors in scottish at 4am in morning on train they will just be happy to get out of the conversation as they won't understand a word :) 

9 minutes ago, stirlish said:

We are considering staying in Wuppertal for 7 nights, is it an ok town for bars etc? we will be doing some day trips to rearby towns also.

I can't say anything about bars etc. but 100% easy to travel to Cologne for game. Direct trains from there to CGN central station. From what I remember from friendly games or reserve team games up there, Wuppertal is a bit shady place. But as a base location totally fine. Easy also to get to Düsseldorf old town.

43 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

I can't say anything about bars etc. but 100% easy to travel to Cologne for game. Direct trains from there to CGN central station. From what I remember from friendly games or reserve team games up there, Wuppertal is a bit shady place. But as a base location totally fine. Easy also to get to Düsseldorf old town.

Shady? Sounds like my kinda place! 

Many thanks