V France thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

V France thread

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

12 hours ago, daviebee said:

A man on the post and that goal doesn't happen.  Can't for the life of me understand why any team would set up to defend a corner without one.  Second goal - Mbappe is going to do that to better defenders than Jack Hendry, no disrespect to the guy.  Third - there were about 3 potential penalties at that corner so no complaints!

Another thing to learn from last night is that teams at France's level don't play friendlies.  I had a feeling we were in a wee bit of trouble when I seen their line-up and the atmosphere in the stadium.  No fking about with that lot.  I think we did pretty well under the circumstances and knocked it about pretty well although had it been a qualifier, Ferguson would've been booked under 20 minutes in.  Lost count of the fouls he gave away.

Thought mostly the atmosphere in the stadium was the sort of kids all waving the flags that were waiting for them under their seats. A wee group of about 50 guys behind the goals waving bigger flags but hardly intimidating. We knew we were in a bit of trouble when we saw the line ups. Playing against a French team with all of their star players and    with 5 or 6 of our nailed on starters missing sort of sent out a few very obvious warning signs. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images