Craig Brown Funeral Tuesday July 25th - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Craig Brown Funeral Tuesday July 25th

lauchlan

It was a lovely service and was great to see a lot of Scotland players pay their respects including James McFadden and John Collins. Managed to have a quick chat with his daughter Val, she was lovely and appreciates all the kind wishes of the Tartan Army     

From some of the photos Andy Roxburgh has aged dramatically in the last few years - he actually looks no well 

Was there any sign of Jock Brown ? He seems to be missing from the coverage

Andy Roxburgh

I didn't see Jock Brown but the room was very busy so not easy to spot everyone. I looked at Andy Roxburgh as he walked in, didn't realise it was him until someone greeted him by his name  🥺

Watched the service.  Was like a who's who of scottish football. Family did him proud.

Was at a golf day the other week with Rab Reilly ex Killie, Clyde, Albion etc ahc he was very close to Craig, Archie Knox, Jim Mcsherry etc.  Always seemed to be having catch ups at Mcsherrys pub in Ayr.

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

From some of the photos Andy Roxburgh has aged dramatically in the last few years - he actually looks no well 

Was there any sign of Jock Brown ? He seems to be missing from the coverage

Andy Roxburgh

He's 80 next week, FFS

Edited by aaid

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

He's 80 next week, FFS

Are you following me around the board now ?

The point is that Roxburgh always looked younger than his years - a bit like Jan Michael Vincent

Even if you look at interviews from not that long ago you wouldnt guess whe was approaching 80

Sharp deterioration is all i was pointing out

Up yours

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are you following me around the board now ?

The point is that Roxburgh always looked younger than his years - a bit like Jan Michael Vincent

Even if you look at interviews from not that long ago you wouldnt guess whe was approaching 80

Sharp deterioration is all i was pointing out

Up yours

From seven years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/37285233

He looks now exactly what I'd expect someone of his age to look like.

Having a full head of hair with very little grey hides a lot of aging.