supporters club ticket allocation for cyprus,spain and france - Page 2 - Cyprus v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

supporters club ticket allocation for cyprus,spain and france

thesaint

It's now been 2 weeks since the poll e-mail was sent out. I really hope they inform us of ticket allocations soon. The Cyprus game is a little over 7 weeks away and although I'm almost certain I won't have enough points for an official away ticket, given the change of venue, it would be good to know sooner rather than later.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

It's now been 2 weeks since the poll e-mail was sent out. I really hope they inform us of ticket allocations soon. The Cyprus game is a little over 7 weeks away and although I'm almost certain I won't have enough points for an official away ticket, given the change of venue, it would be good to know sooner rather than later.

SFA/SSC only went out to Cyprus to check the venue out on Monday, so probably next week we will get news.

West Ham got 1,600 for their game in the same stadium a few months ago, and from wha Davy Proven has been saying on Facebook, the Cyprus FA seem willing to give us more than one stand if asked for by the SSC/SFA.

My email and response from the SSC.

Good morning,

I received the email informing us of the change of venue for the Cyprus vs Scotland game last week. Obviously I was disappointed that we have moved from Nicosia to Larnaca due to the massive reduction in tickets that will likely now be available to Scotland Supporters Club members.

My friend in Cyprus who is looking to help Scotland fans who are now struggling for tickets has informed me that the Cyprus FA are happy to sell tickets to the home end for Scotland fans.

Given the Cyprus FAs relatively relaxed attitude to ticketing, would it not make more sense for the CFA to allocate tickets to Scotland fans through the SSC, thereby allowing those to earn valuable points that will be required when / if Scotland qualify for the Euros?

Can you confirm that you will make this representation?

I know that there are at least circa 1800 fans alone who have organised busses to the game, this indicates there will be a sizeable support.

Three of my last four Scotland games I have been in the home end. Moldova, Ukraine and Norway, and bar Norway, both Moldova and Ukraine had ample ticketing available for SSC members to have been allocated tickets.

Very frustrating.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Bristolhibby

The reply - 

Hi Bristolhibby,

We are currently working with the Cyprus FA on the allocation as we speak. We have asked for further tickets based on the response to the poll and they are aware of that.

Away matches by UEFA Competition Regulations state that the minimum away allocation is 5%. We always try to ask for more tickets as we have a sizeable travelling support, however depending on the host, they may or may not give us a larger allocation.

I can understand this can be frustrating to fans if they miss out marginally on the sales schedule, however we are at the behest of the host association in terms of further ticket allocations.

Best Regards

Ticketing & Membership Operations
Address: Scottish Football Association | Hampden Park | G42 9AY
Email: supporters@scottishfa.co.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)141 616 6000 (Option 1)

12 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

My email and response from the SSC.

Good morning,

I received the email informing us of the change of venue for the Cyprus vs Scotland game last week. Obviously I was disappointed that we have moved from Nicosia to Larnaca due to the massive reduction in tickets that will likely now be available to Scotland Supporters Club members.

My friend in Cyprus who is looking to help Scotland fans who are now struggling for tickets has informed me that the Cyprus FA are happy to sell tickets to the home end for Scotland fans.

Given the Cyprus FAs relatively relaxed attitude to ticketing, would it not make more sense for the CFA to allocate tickets to Scotland fans through the SSC, thereby allowing those to earn valuable points that will be required when / if Scotland qualify for the Euros?

Can you confirm that you will make this representation?

I know that there are at least circa 1800 fans alone who have organised busses to the game, this indicates there will be a sizeable support.

Three of my last four Scotland games I have been in the home end. Moldova, Ukraine and Norway, and bar Norway, both Moldova and Ukraine had ample ticketing available for SSC members to have been allocated tickets.

Very frustrating.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Bristolhibby

The reply - 

Hi Bristolhibby,

We are currently working with the Cyprus FA on the allocation as we speak. We have asked for further tickets based on the response to the poll and they are aware of that.

Away matches by UEFA Competition Regulations state that the minimum away allocation is 5%. We always try to ask for more tickets as we have a sizeable travelling support, however depending on the host, they may or may not give us a larger allocation.

I can understand this can be frustrating to fans if they miss out marginally on the sales schedule, however we are at the behest of the host association in terms of further ticket allocations.

Best Regards

Ticketing & Membership Operations
Address: Scottish Football Association | Hampden Park | G42 9AY
Email: supporters@scottishfa.co.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)141 616 6000 (Option 1)

Doesn’t really inspire confidence does it ? On a side note , the SFA website still lists Nicosia as the venue …🤨

1 hour ago, tattiescone69 said:

Doesn’t really inspire confidence does it ? On a side note , the SFA website still lists Nicosia as the venue …🤨

Until ink on contracts are dry, SSC will never commit themselves to a firm number.

I read it more as very encouraging, just they do not want to give a firm answer.

8 hours ago, wanderer said:

Until ink on contracts are dry, SSC will never commit themselves to a firm number.

I read it more as very encouraging, just they do not want to give a firm answer.

Totally agree with this. I think it’s likely we’ll get an allocation well in excess of the 5%. But you can’t expect the email reply to say “we’re very disappointed with the change in venue and we have demanded more than 5%.”

Thats a sure way not to get them, to piss off the home nation. And until it’s confirmed by Cyprus, they can’t confirm to us

26 minutes ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

6 weeks tomorrow till the game and still no info on ticket allocation. Had a bit more notice for the Norway away fixture last time about. I doubt we will be informed this week now, the sooner the better.

And no doubt loads of folks will be on their holidays when the sale starts. That it is dragging on is maybe confirmation SFA doing their best to get a better allocation than the minimum.

32 minutes ago, wanderer said:

SSC have secured 47% of the stadium capacity.

Tickets are £9 and go on sale to anyone with 13 points or more on Tuesday

Very decent considering.

Reckon this will go below 13 too. 

J

9 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Very decent considering.

Reckon this will go below 13 too. 

J

Would not be shocked if it goes down to 7 or so!

Think its more than what we require (Cyprus is not cheap to get too, Scottish Schools are back, and its the last week of the English School holidays, and I think more people will have one eye more on Spain a month later)

9 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Think its more than what we require (Cyprus is not cheap to get too, Scottish Schools are back, and its the last week of the English School holidays, and I think more people will have one eye more on Spain a month later)

Good allocation. As you say Cyprus isn't the cheapest to get to and i think it could go down to pretty close to 1 or 2 points. Wonder if they are still planning on ticket pick up only. Close to 4000 will be interesting as there will be supporters based in various resorts in Cyprus and will   probably have to pick their tickets up on the day from a distribution point in Larnaca. Interesting to say the least. 

29 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Surely if it's more than we need it would go to 0?

We'll sell that out.  Most the guys i'm going with are 13/14 and below. 

15 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Good allocation. As you say Cyprus isn't the cheapest to get to and i think it could go down to pretty close to 1 or 2 points. Wonder if they are still planning on ticket pick up only. Close to 4000 will be interesting as there will be supporters based in various resorts in Cyprus and will   probably have to pick their tickets up on the day from a distribution point in Larnaca. Interesting to say the least. 

I sure I saw Davy on Facebook post that he has something like 2,000 names booked for buses when the game was in Nicosia, and this allocation is well more than what we got for the last game in Cyprus.

I think if you are on anything less than 13 points you can be quietly confident of a ticket.

Just now, Stockholm 1980 said:

Good Allocation for a small capacity stadium.

I'm good for a ticket but three mates are on 11, should i buy Tuesday or wait and hope to buy 4 Wednesday ?

£9.00 might also encourage harvesting.

Don’t quote me on it, but is your window not your window? Or is it a case of waiting until all your group can get tickets?

Perhaps someone on here can clarify. 

I’d get yours sorted then sort your mates out. But IMHO you should all be fine for briefs.

J

5 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Good Allocation for a small capacity stadium.

I'm good for a ticket but three mates are on 11, should i buy Tuesday or wait and hope to buy 4 Wednesday ?

£9.00 might also encourage harvesting.

I think as long as they are in your "friends and family" section, the SSC do try their best to make sure you are seated next to each other or as close together a possible. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Surely if it's more than we need it would go to 0?

We'll sell that out.  Most the guys i'm going with are 13/14 and below. 

Doubt it will go all the way to there, as by that point you are talking 25,000 members or so, and £9 does seem a small price to pay for a few people to get up the points ladder, but I do think it will go below 13 points.

Think Davy posted on Facebook that he has around 2,000 names for buses, and that was when the game was in Nicosia.

I just noticed, 2 Points for an Away game! So doubly crucial We get lucky here.

Boys 1st Away Game too, a present for doing well in his School Exams!

Trip to Germany is for his 18th, so amazing if we got Tickets! He is living the dream, going to (hopefully) see Scotland play in a Major Finals before his 18th Birthday!