The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 33 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Very sensible and well balanced statement.

Can you imagine that had happened in the OF game at the weekend!!!

The fall out if this happened during an OF match would be biblical. 

1 hour ago, Goozay said:

A massive thing that's been consistently missed by the VAR teams, both in Scotland and elsewhere, is that they are only meant to intervene when there has been a CLEAR and OBVIOUS ERROR by the officials on the pitch. 

This is yet another example of VAR getting involved when there hasn't been a clear and obvious error during the match. 

59 minutes ago, slasher said:

I said before VAR came in that we shouldn’t be throwing any more money at the refereeing fraternity until there was root and branch reform of the whole thing. The clubs should withdraw funding until that happens. We’d be cheaper paying foreign refs than supporting this lot any further!

Hopefully this is the incident which fucks VAR off in Scotland 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The fall out if this happened during an OF match would be biblical. 

Hopefully this is the incident which fucks VAR off in Scotland 

VAR is a good tool and can add value. It’s the application of it in Scotland that’s shockingly bad (and England from what I’ve seen tbf). A full review of how it’s used is needed and if that means benching it for a few seasons then so be it. 

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

VAR is a good tool and can add value. It’s the application of it in Scotland that’s shockingly bad (and England from what I’ve seen tbf). A full review of how it’s used is needed and if that means benching it for a few seasons then so be it. 

I was against VAR or technology for anything other than factual decisions. Ie ball crossing the line, offside or was a foul inside or outside the box.

Ive softend my views a little as its good for correcting really bad errors however I think there needs to be a bigger review on the rules to start with (handball especially) and thereafter what VAR should get involved in.

Ive always thought we shouldnt be slowing down replays. Certainly not to super slow mo. A few times full speed and then a couple 3/4 speed should be enough. 

• 2 weeks later...