Tartan Army Guide to Krakow - Ukraine v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan Army Guide to Krakow

wanderer

I'm 57 and been travelling abroad with Scotland for over 40 years. I think this post and guide is by far the best I've seen in all that time. Wanderer - sincere thanks for it and I'd appreciate if you pass my thanks on to David. It has made me want to do something for the sunshine guys / women which I have always thought are immense.     Cheers Johnny.      

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

David here.

Really appreciate the comments above.   I genuinely want the TA to have the best time ever in my adopted home, hence the guide, which was intended to be a 2 pager, but I got carried away.  Took more time than I expected, but it was a labour of love 😉 

I'm from Tilly in the Hillfoots, the Wee Coonty.  Then Stirling.  Been coming to Krakow for 23 years lived here for 11.

If you have any questions please do send me a message, on FB https://www.facebook.com/david.s.mcgirr or email david.mcgirr@gmail.com

I'm regularly updating the guide, recently added a message to the TA from the President of Kraków, and edited the Tours section as I found a better deal for Auschwitz.

Look forward to seeing some of you in Kraków, I'll be at Ted and Tams gigs.  

And hopefully at the match - desperately searching for tickets (along with hundreds other TA 😉 )- but if you hear of anything please do keep me in mind!!

Slàinte
David

On 9/12/2022 at 12:21 PM, Kraków Scot said:

I've added some direct links to key sections, saving searching or scrolling through the full 19 pages of the full 
TA GUIDE TO KRAKÓW  :-

If you feel anything is missing from the guide, gimme a shout.

Slàinte
David

Hi David,

Thanks again for all your work on the brilliant guide. I have just realised I have been a complete numpty as I am arriving on the Saturday late pm (as I live in England it was going to be too much to do the Hampden game too) but stupidly didn't think about the unlikelihood of the Scotland ROI game being on in a bar in Krakow ! Is there a cat in hell's chance of one of the sports bars you mention (or any bar) showing that game on Saturday ? 

Cheers !

12 minutes ago, Kraków Scot said:

Hi
There's a better chance it will be on in Bulldog or it's sister pub, Ronnie Drew's literally right next door, a new'ish Irish bar.

Alternatively Duffy's in Kazimierz will almost certainly be showing it.

Enjoy Kraków, maybe bump into you at Klub Pod Jaszczurami.

David

Cheers David - really appreciate it and hope to bump in to you at the weekend / early next week ! 

Depends...
Transport from where? to the game?

It's an easy 18-20 min walk from the Main Market Square.

There are also buses which pass directly by the stadium, stop 'Stadion Cracovia' and a single tram line which passes nearby, just across Błonia park

I've mentioned the app 'Jakdojade' in the guide, the very best for planning public transport routes.