Travelling to Denmark or Austria - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travelling to Denmark or Austria

thesaint

Just wondering if anybody is still travelling to Denmark or Austria.If these countries are letting in uk citizens who have been double vaccinated,then what is there to stop us travelling over and trying to get tickets over there.Realise for Denmark it would be pretty hard,but i reckon there will still be tickets available for the Austria game,as it's a pretty big stadium.Tickets would surely be available to purchase for anybody handing over the cash.

22 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Tempted for Austria as flights are £17 return from luton at the minute 

Check out company called OFB in Austria selling tickets for the game.Can buy online and get tickets sent.Postage a bit expensive,but have seen worse.Ticket available including postage for about £60.Tempted.

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Check out company called OFB in Austria selling tickets for the game.Can buy online and get tickets sent.Postage a bit expensive,but have seen worse.Ticket available including postage for about £60.Tempted.

Will have a look at that.  Cheers 

2 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Type in oeticket.com,and let me know what you think.

Wouldn't use them anyway, but especially not when the clear advice is not to travel.

Save your money, and have a few more beers in your local while watching the game. And I say that as a regular traveller to away games pre-pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Wouldn't use them anyway, but especially not when the clear advice is not to travel.

Save your money, and have a few more beers in your local while watching the game. And I say that as a regular traveller to away games pre-pandemic.

They look pretty legit.Will lose the money i paid for my flights to london and back and from london to austria and back,because the flights will go ahead,even if i am not on them.Thought it might be worth a punt to try and get a ticket this way.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Thought Denmark and Austria had changed to allow uk double vaccinated entry for any reason and without having to take a test or self isolate.

PCR testing still needed to come back the way if I’m not mistaken. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t be going anywhere until things are more settled and easy to understand. 

6 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

PCR testing still needed to come back the way if I’m not mistaken. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t be going anywhere until things are more settled and easy to understand. 

Austria is on the green list now.Don't think any test would be required.

14 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Austria is on the green list now.Don't think any test would be required.

Travel is 2 way - which means 2 differing sets of rules: 

OUTBOUND

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria

INBOUND 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-abroad-from-england-during-coronavirus-covid-19

What you need to do to return to England

Travel to England checklist

Before you travel to England, you need to:

1. Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test - to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to England.

2. Check the red, amber, green list rules to find out what you need to do when you arrive back in England.

3. Complete your passenger locator form - any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in England.

You will need to find a test provider for your pre-departure test. If your test result is positive, you must not travel. You must follow local rules and guidance for positive coronavirus cases.

Read more about pre-departure tests before travel to England.

After you arrive in England

What you need to do after you arrive in England depends on where you have been.

Countries are listed as either red, amber or green. The rules for testing and quarantine when you return to England are different for each list.

Check the red, amber and green list to find out what you have to do after you arrive back in England.

Well... they are trying to stop infected people sitting on a plane full of folk and then all of them entering another country. 

Here’s the equivalent page from ScotGov telling you basically the same rules as England: 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/pages/red-amber-and-green-list-countries/

53 minutes ago, thesaint said:

So,basically it would just be a case of taking a pcr test at Vienna airport before flying back home.Not ideal,but not horrific either.

Green list countries and areas

Before travelling to Scotland from a green list country or area, you must:

7 hours ago, thesaint said:

So,basically it would just be a case of taking a pcr test at Vienna airport before flying back home.Not ideal,but not horrific either.

Just for arguments sake, say your PCR test in Vienna is positive ?

7 hours ago, bonzo said:

Just for arguments sake, say your PCR test in Vienna is positive ?

I know someone this happened to. Went to Croatia for a long weekend. Tested positive while in Croatia. Had to sort out and pay for 10 night's accommodation in Croatia suitable for someone with covid, change flights, take time off work etc. 

I'd only be travelling abroad at the moment if I absolutely had to. 

Really swithering about whether to go to Austria or not.Have to weigh up the cost of a couple of covid tests against the fact that i will lose £200 or so on my flights that i have booked.Another £100 plus and get a trip ,or just accept the £200 loss on the flights.