New additions to the squad - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New additions to the squad

PASTA Mick

New players for the squad  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which players would you select for the squad this month?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/16/2021 at 01:00 PM

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

No way is Patterson (one T or two ) is a regular. Once Tavernier if fit Patterson is back on the bench. Best case scenario is that Tavernier gets a move in summer and Patterson is in prime position to take over. Might get the odd PL match as league is over but when t really counts.....

Plus he is about to get a ban that will rule him out for rest of domestic season.

Hickey is ahead of him in the queue for me. More experience at any level, more experience at a higher level and can cover 2 positions.

It feels strange still seeing Turnbull's name on these sort of lists. I know it makes sense, but his form has been so good that it is all but inevitable he'll be in the squad, and a pretty good shout for the Euros as well.

Hendry already has some caps to his name, so is maybe less of a risk, especially with our lack of right footed CBs.

The rest are a bit more wildcard-esque. If there is room, I'd take them all to the training camp. Similar to what Strachan did once upon a time. It did Robertson no harm. (I'm sure there was another youngster brought along at the same time as him. Can't remember who it was though)

11 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

It feels strange still seeing Turnbull's name on these sort of lists. I know it makes sense, but his form has been so good that it is all but inevitable he'll be in the squad, and a pretty good shout for the Euros as well.

Hendry already has some caps to his name, so is maybe less of a risk, especially with our lack of right footed CBs.

The rest are a bit more wildcard-esque. If there is room, I'd take them all to the training camp. Similar to what Strachan did once upon a time. It did Robertson no harm. (I'm sure there was another youngster brought along at the same time as him. Can't remember who it was though)

I don't quite understand why Turnbull is seen as a shoe in, yeah great form but there are some quality midfielders ahead of him, also not to mention Ryan Gauld who is in equally great form in a better league. 

On your note regarding youngsters this is why I would definitely include Patterson at Rangers, he's showed great character and ability recently, it's obvious he will play for Scotland one day so get him in now with the dearth of options at Right Wing Back

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

I don't quite understand why Turnbull is seen as a shoe in, yeah great form but there are some quality midfielders ahead of him, also not to mention Ryan Gauld who is in equally great form in a better league. 

On your note regarding youngsters this is why I would definitely include Patterson at Rangers, he's showed great character and ability recently, it's obvious he will play for Scotland one day so get him in now with the dearth of options at Right Wing Back

He's a dead cert for the WC qualifiers. His stats are outrageous. Like Gauld, he is playing in an awful team, but still excelling. He is worth having in the squad for his set piece delivery alone.

Apparently Callum Paterson, Fraser Kerr, John Herron and Mark Beck were also called up to that same training camp as Andy Robertson. No idea what happened to the other guys but C.Paterson became a staple in the international setup. So, yeah, I'd definitely be calling up as many youths as we can to integrate them early.

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I wasn't aware that he had been approached and actually turned us down. But we ARE desperate for a striker(s).

Well you've missed the multiple approaches by multiple managers met by multiple knockbacks. Sorry but I'll be at my life's end should I get to the stage of aching for someone to represent us who has blown us out more times than a wind-sock.