Dementia and sport - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dementia and sport

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Be interesting to see what changes, if any are made to football, rugby and surely boxing the more we learn about impact with the head during sports 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/08/steve-thompson-former-rugby-union-players-dementia-landmark-legal-case

Concussions aren't a joke. I coach football, and believe me, protocol has to be followed. I have had a couple my boys getting a knock to the head, and I HAVE to do what's right, and as a father of 2 boys, I totally agree. Its not a joke. They are removed from any training and football until I receive a doctors form stating they are fully healthy to come back. The problem is the parents. They know it all, "my child is the star player, and you must play him". Sorry, I dinnae give a fuck if he is the next Messi, no doctors note, no football. I have had 2 concussions in my football career, I kept on playing cuz I am fae Govan, hard as nails....  Which was wrong...

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have had 2 concussions in my football career, I kept on playing cuz I am fae Govan, hard as nails....  Which was wrong...

Hahahahahaha. You’re as hard as skitters I bet. Bouncing around Canada telling folk you are some mad Weegie. 😂