Paterson - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paterson

marinello

1 hour ago, marinello said:

Hear a lot about our selection problems at right back and striker.

Am I missing something as surely Paterson now that he is back fit can be considered for either positions.

IMO he has never let us down and should at least be in the squad.

100% with you on both counts, still prefer McBurnie as a striker though.

I think he’s our best option apart from maybe Tierney at right back but he’s always been sluggish in the right back position up against agile wingers.

if I remember correctly Neil Warnock saying on the radio that the one position Callum Paterson isn’t is a RB. So I don’t think he’s the long term solution but I’d take him every time over O’Donnell.

3 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

I think he’s our best option apart from maybe Tierney at right back but he’s always been sluggish in the right back position up against agile wingers.

if I remember correctly Neil Warnock saying on the radio that the one position Callum Paterson isn’t is a RB. So I don’t think he’s the long term solution but I’d take him every time over O’Donnell.

You were doing well until you held up that cunt Warnock as a respected figure.

So why's he not in the squad.

At the time of the last double header when the squad was picked he was recovering from injury at Cardiff but was nearly definitely  going to be fit in time for the Russia game. 

No one in their right mind would pick O'donnell or Palmer(a left back) ahead of him.

Only thing I can assume is that Paterson has said no after the abuse over his not playing on the plastic pitch in Kazakhstan or the fact he got injured playing for us.

Either that or Clarke really is clueless.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

On 10/1/2019 at 2:29 AM, WCTA said:

You were doing well until you held up that cunt Warnock as a respected figure.

Warnock might be a cunt but he's a cunt who's been involved in coaching footballers for about 40 years and he sees Paterson in training every day, so on this I think his opinion is worth paying attention to.