England group game if we qualify - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England group game if we qualify

Jamie23

Have got an offer on tickets on all the group games at Hampden.

Reading through the threads I have seen people mention England game being the opening game at Wembley and other saying it will be the second game on Friday the 19th.

Is this actually based on anything or just guesswork? 

16 minutes ago, ironbrew said:

What time are matches likely to kick off? We could be playing at Wembley on day 2 or 3 while there`s another match at Hampden on the same day (day 3 at same time) . Guessing 2, 5 and 8 o`clock Scottish time.

Can we not get ahead of ourselves.  We will get 3rd so will be all about this whoore of a play off in March. 

On 8/23/2019 at 12:21 PM, Barney Rubble said:

If we both qualify through the group - coin toss.

If they qualify through the group and we qualify through the play-off it will be at Wembley on the basis of the qualification route.

One way or another it will be at Wembley, even if they need to resort to using a double headed coin. Have you got a link to the bit about the qualification route? Haven't seen that before.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

One way or another it will be at Wembley, even if they need to resort to using a double headed coin. Have you got a link to the bit about the qualification route? Haven't seen that before.

It does make far more sense from a financial point of view to play the game at Wembley and we know how much UEFA love money. It would generate a minimum of an extra £2 million in ticket sales. Probably closer to £4 million.

They probably figured that out and added in the qualification route rule after the tournament procedures were announced as I don’t remember any mention of it either. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It does make far more sense from a financial point of view to play the game at Wembley and we know how much UEFA love money. It would generate a minimum of an extra £2 million in ticket sales. Probably closer to £4 million.

They probably figured that out and added in the qualification route rule after the tournament procedures were announced as I don’t remember any mention of it either. 

It also probably means more tickets for the SSC to distribute. But less chance of getting any points out of the match. It would be good if it was the last group game and we already had two wins in the bag.

FFS, I'm getting a wee bit carried away now, who do we have in the playoff, again?:lol:

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It also probably means more tickets for the SSC to distribute. But less chance of getting any points out of the match. It would be good if it was the last group game and we already had two wins in the bag.

FFS, I'm getting a wee bit carried away now, who do we have in the playoff, again?:lol:

Yeah maybe we should wait until we actually qualify (and England for that matter) before we worry about where we might play. 

I really don’t mind where we play anyway. I’ll just be happy if we qualify. 

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah maybe we should wait until we actually qualify (and England for that matter) before we worry about where we might play. 

I really don’t mind where we play anyway. I’ll just be happy if we qualify. 

Texas i ll suck u off if we qualify.