Phone Scam - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I had this about 2 months ago...... didn't even know about this type of scam, but straight away I knew something was dodgy, and put down the phone straight away (just said I would get a mate to fix it and never heard back)

I had this a couple of years ago. I work in the IT world so know my way around a computer so I went along with it for ages, until they thought I was downloading their file.

At this point I told him I was at it and I knew he was scamming me, he then told me "You are a terrible man, you are a shit" then hung up.

Didn't get called by them again after that.

My parents get 2-3 calls a day from these idiots. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them to badger off they keep calling back.

I put him next to the TV when a chat show was on last time I was home. That seemed to confuse him for a minute or two, "Sir, are you talking to me?" :)

Think I'm going to put him on 'hold' then play a Cannibal Corpse CD at him next time.

Edited by Stokesy