Scotland wish list - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland wish list

romanticscot

I'll do the unthinkable and reply to my own thread.

1. My wish is to qualify for EURO 2020, I don't care if its through the group or the play off.  I want us to be a team which equates to more than the sum of the individuals.  I would like to solve the placement or strategy to use Tierney and Robertson, I would like right back sorted, a settled central defense partnership and a striker or three that can produce at this level.  

2. I would to put a good combative showing in the World Cup qualification, again as in hopes which I am basing on what I perceive to be plausible, to make the play offs IF there is one, the Nations League throws it up a bit.  Speaking of the next Nations League, I want to remain in League B, qualification is not what I am calling out as plausible.  I cant see us making the World Cup in 2022, so I see us putting in a spirited effort that is void of silly away days that have haunted us for decades.  Should there be an actual play off and we make it, my hopes are we don't fear anyone and we don't get a 6-0 humbling experience.  Within 3 years I want to see the SFA make wholesale changes in the management of the game in Scotland with.....

3 - Those changes showing good care for the foreseeable future with youth development established, for the EURO 2024 campaign I want to see us qualify.  Its highly likely that Clarke would move on after 3 years, whoever replaces him I want them to be free of controversy (No Malky Mackay) and continue the management of Scotland as a competent footballing nation with the standard of the home leagues improved.  

Edited by romanticscot

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

What is your wish list for the following? 

1. One Year

2. Three years

3. Five years

I'll bite

1. Playing as a team. No giving away easy points/goals. Euro 2020 qualification. 

2. World Cup qualification. 

3. Go further than 2020.  

Well.... it is a wish list.

4 hours ago, romanticscot said:

What is your wish list for the following? 

1. One Year

2. Three years

3. Five years

To be honest my wishes at the moment are low level and pretty much the same across 5 years. I just want to see Scotland being hard to beat, fighting for everything, showing passion in the jersey, and being exciting to watch. I'm so used to us not qualifying for tournaments now that it seems like asking for too much. Just please show the world that we're not a joke! 

I'd love to see a parallel with what happened with the rugby team in the last 10 years. We don't win anything, but we're not a joke anymore. 

1 to 3 years with what we have available!!!! 5 Years...still be in the top 100 world ranking!!!As I've stated on numerous occassions, having followed the team around the world for nigh on 60 years...this is the poorest set of players I have ever known...aye keep blaming the Manager who has to pick from a pile of shite, deal with cry offs when the going gets tough etc etc etc.....Blame the SFA who ain't got a brain cell between them