Expat Scots - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I was called a chicken shit from a 'borough' of chicken shits yesterday.

When I explained that Scotland is a country, I was promptly told we are a small borough in North England.

Remained calm and said that's a load of crap, you ( Northerners ) are run by the same shower from London and the response of " you had your chance to break away and shit it " promptly put me back to square 1 :(

Sadly, they have a point.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was called a chicken shit from a 'borough' of chicken shits yesterday.

When I explained that Scotland is a country, I was promptly told we are a small borough in North England.

Remained calm and said that's a load of crap, you ( Northerners ) are run by the same shower from London and the response of " you had your chance to break away and shit it " promptly put me back to square 1 :(

And they're right.

Sadly, they have a point.

And they're right.

I know, well, about some people. :(

I do like waffling shite back and like this one.

" little do you lot know that for many years, we have climbed over yer famous wall and took residence in your Queens country. We have been spreading our love for many years, like a role reverse prima nocta and quietly take your jobs anaw. Bit by bit we have been invading you and your Prime Minister is so scared of us, he flew our Saltire flag over Downing Street "

It gives me a great deal of satisfaction whilst they bite for a minute or two ! :lol:

Despite the fact that I said that I wouldn't listen to these f*ckers again, I turned on 5Live in the car this morning to pick up the beginning of the Ryder Cup.

Straight away there was an interview with 'defence expert', Sir Blahblahblah, who explained in these plummy tones just why Britain was such a military power and why we need to be the world police etc etc.

It was simply a re-run of the last 15 years, and it was enormously depressing. We had the chance last Friday morning to be looking at a blank sheet of paper where we could all begin to write our future.....instead Scotland has now been shoved right to the background and we're once again in the hands of a Westminster government who will continue to make the same mistakes and drive the country into the ground one way or another.

As I said, enormously depressing.

That's the thing that also gets me. Why are main WM parties so obsessed with how UK is viewed by the international community. It smacks of the wee man syndrome. Even in supporting action against IS, Cameron banged on about the UK's place in all this. I find it jingoistic and embarrassing - why can't we accept to being an equal partner amongst democracies around the world? Why is that so bad? I know there is a colonial hang up to this but it is feckin tedious and another reason why the NO vote was so depressing.

Yeah no doubt. A lot of people living outside of Scotland for work reasons actually see this is the reason why Scotland should not be independent. Me I am the exact opposite, the constant exodus of our best and brightest is a sure sign our country needs her independence. Theirs is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Like I say how many expat No's are coming back because of the No?

How many expat Yes's would have?

One was an exhilarating and hugely exciting prospect the other is flat and deeply drab...I let you work out which is which.

I think the returning expats alone would have shattered the Scottish government's immigration target. I reckon that's part of the reason why the Australian prime minster spoke out against independence - he was concerned about a brain drain.

Of course, it might have been helpful if a few more Yes leaning expats had returned to Scotland prior to the vote, although I accept that life isn't always that simple.

That's the thing that also gets me. Why are main WM parties so obsessed with how UK is viewed by the international community. It smacks of the wee man syndrome. Even in supporting action against IS, Cameron banged on about the UK's place in all this. I find it jingoistic and embarrassing - why can't we accept to being an equal partner amongst democracies around the world? Why is that so bad? I know there is a colonial hang up to this but it is feckin tedious and another reason why the NO vote was so depressing.

The UK Foreign office, and to a lesser extent, a good chunk of the English people have not come to terms with the fact the Empire is over and the end of Britain as a major player was WW2, irrespective of victory for the allies.

this is a major part of the euro scepticism on the EU, the euro, keeping trident, cosying up to USA at every opportunity.

Part of the reason cameron was desperate to keep us was Trident protecting the already perilous permanent seat in the United Nations security.

when france and uk are eventually emptied from that it will be meltdown in Westminster/paris