What Will The Morons Do When Ni Departs? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Will The Morons Do When Ni Departs?

With the gradual disintegration of the UK, what will all the Orange Order boys and their brain dead followers of rangers do when there is a referendum in NI?

As catholic families tend to be larger, in the next 10, 20 years or so the catholic population will outnumber the protestants by some considerable amount. As these will probably lean towards supporting Sinn Fein, or another independence type party, if there happens to be a vote for uniting Ireland there will probably be a majority voting yes.

Will the idiots that were in George Square the other night, and their low IQ fore fathers and mothers pack up and head over there to sing there good old "Last night of the proms" songs? Or will there be a big influx of more idiots to these shores?

Will the English parliament fight so hard to keep hold of NI as it did with Scotland, or will they put up token resistance, and let ROI have it, unconditionally?

Would ROI even want to take back NI? Or would they put conditions on that all the orange arseholes have to be shipped out?

Well, as it is england who are deciding on the future of the UK. Let them have the fuckwits.

The Catholic / Protestant population figures are already pretty close. I'm pretty sure that at least a sizeable proportion of the Catholic community don't want a united Ireland (for economic reasons), so it's not a given that Northern Ireland would vote for a united Ireland even if / when there's a Catholic majority in the population.

Roughly a third of the catholic population has traditionally opposed a united Ireland. That number fell during the Celtic Tiger years, also influenced by changes in the Irish Republic in attitudes to the Catholic Church and modernisation in social policies, but rose again after the crash in 2008. Longer term I think that if Ireland can continue to sort itself out economically and as social attitudes develop there amongst what is one of the youngest populations in Europe, alongside attitudes in the North towards issues like Corporation Tax levels and simple demographics, that ultimately there will be a clear majority in the North for unification. How Loyalists there and in Scotland will react, I dread to think.

Edit. Meant to say that there is an element in Unionism that has said that it would seek independence from the UK rather than accept any sort of deal between the UK and Ireland. That's not wanting independence as such though.

Edited by Pool Q

Attitudes change all the time.

The Catholic / Nationalist population will never want an independent Northern Ireland and the Loyalist appetite for one has never gone beyond a small hardcore. Quite why you think we'd be overrun by "bigoted Billy boys" I've no idea.

I am, of course, being deliberately obtuse here.

Edited by Charlie Endell