Split Fixtures 16/17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Split Fixtures 16/17

Guest BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz

The clubs in the top and bottom six of the Ladbrokes Premiership are now confirmed - we expect to publish the post-split fixtures early next week. (8 April 2017).

• Round 34 - Saturday 29 April, 2017
  • Round 35 - Saturday 6 May, 2017
  • Round 36 - Saturday 13 May, 2017
  • Round 37 - Tuesday 16 May & Wednesday 17 May, 2017
  • Round 38 - Saturday 20 May & Sunday 21 May, 2017

Hopefully out today.  Should be Celtic (cfmd), Aberdeen and Hearts at hom, St. J and Partick away for us.  Quite an exciting run in.  Looking forward to it.  Will miss the last game of season, Iron Maiden in Brum.  Good planning Gaz.

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Don't be too hard on yourself, most of us expected your last game of the season to be Saturday 20th May.

Of course, forgot we had a game the following week.  

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The SPFL announced the only fixture they care about 2 weeks ago....

Sorry, this is a top half split discussion.  Diddies make their own.  ;)

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Sorry, this is a top half split discussion.  Diddies make their own.  ;)

He is right though, it's farcical that one fixture was decided before the rest.

I'm not paying £49 for the pleasure of a trip to Ibrox for a meaningless match, so personally couldn't care less when it is. It's all about the trip to Todders for me now  ronnyroars.gif

Edited by Reevesy

Guest BlueGaz

He is right though, it's farcical that one fixture was decided before the rest.

I'm not paying £49 for the pleasure of a trip to Ibrox for a meaningless match, so personally couldn't care less when it is. It's all about the trip to Todders for me now  ronnyroars.gif

I know he's right.  But its not going to change any time soon.  They will sell what they believe makes them money, its the way of the world unfortunately.  I don't blame you.  They both rip us off with this fixture, disgusting.  All important games for us to keep St J at bay, hopefully.  :unsure:

Just now, BlueGaz said:

I know he's right.  But its not going to change any time soon.  They will sell what they believe makes them money, its the way of the world unfortunately.  I don't blame you.  They both rip us off with this fixture, disgusting.  All important games for us to keep St J at bay, hopefully.  :unsure:

The problem for the regular fans is that, if they don't pay it, then the one game a season mob will

That means any hope of an organised boycott goes out the window and they can basically charge what they like.

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Heard a bit of Superscoreboard last night and they were talking about how 'well Thistle had done, and how they could get more people through the gates.

The people running the game telling everyone that only 1/30 post split fixture matters isn't going to encourage a wee guy from Glasgow to go and follow Partick Thistle.

The people in charge of selling our game are doing us a disservice.

There's going to be some cracking games in the next 6 weeks, but they've put a dead rubber on a pedestal.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

The problem for the regular fans is that, if they don't pay it, then the one game a season mob will

That means any hope of an organised boycott goes out the window and they can basically charge what they like.

100%.  We have 22k signed up for home / away cup games, semis and finals. So when we get a ballot like a couple of weeks ago, only about 18.5k got a ticket.  There are guys who get tickets every time, and in this particular ballot there were guys who didn't get one, didn't get one in October, or last year for semi and final.  But the club don't give a fvck, they will always sell them.  

Just now, BlueGaz said:

100%.  We have 22k signed up for home / away cup games, semis and finals. So when we get a ballot like a couple of weeks ago, only about 18.5k got a ticket.  There are guys who get tickets every time, and in this particular ballot there were guys who didn't get one, didn't get one in October, or last year for semi and final.  But the club don't give a fvck, they will always sell them.  

£20 for the semi final, which is a huge game, then £49 to watch the same two sides play out a league match which matters a hell of a lot less just 6 days later. Absolutely mental

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

We are slightly different set up.  You have to sign up for away games during renewal and the numbers always far exceed any allocation we get, even for Hampden, so you will never get a sale for an away ticket.  So we don't get one game a season mob - for away games anyway.

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz

£20 for the semi final, which is a huge game, then £49 to watch the same two sides play out a league match which matters a hell of a lot less just 6 days later. Absolutely mental

It is, but the clubs don't dictate the price for Hampden, so we don't get shafted.  There is only 1 winner for OF away fans, and 1 loser.

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Maybe we'll find out tomorrow...

:lol:  They just confuse us by saying "early next week".  I suppose we should know that actually means "late next week or the week after".

On 4/11/2017 at 9:10 AM, BlueGaz said:

The clubs in the top and bottom six of the Ladbrokes Premiership are now confirmed - we expect to publish the post-split fixtures early next week. (8 April 2017).

• Round 34 - Saturday 29 April, 2017
  • Round 35 - Saturday 6 May, 2017
  • Round 36 - Saturday 13 May, 2017
  • Round 37 - Tuesday 16 May & Wednesday 17 May, 2017
  • Round 38 - Saturday 20 May & Sunday 21 May, 2017

Hopefully out today.  Should be Celtic (cfmd), Aberdeen and Hearts at hom, St. J and Partick away for us.  Quite an exciting run in.  Looking forward to it.  Will miss the last game of season, Iron Maiden in Brum.  Good planning Gaz.

We split 2 season tickets between 3 of us this year to keep costs down (and reduce the number of games we "had" to go to).  We weren't really bothered about who would get what games as long as we each got one OF game with a coin being tossed to see who got to go to 2.  I was up North for Hogmanay so missed the first one and will be on Holiday on the 29th so will now miss the second one!! :banghead:  I reckon I've been to a maximum 4 games this season so my value for money season ticket has worked out at around £75 a game!! :lol: