Alexander Blackman - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Blackman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I wonder if the RM involvement in the Falklands has been looked at.

Injured soldiers got shot on both sides in the Falklands.Eyewitness testimony makes that pretty clear. It happens in every war.

2 hours ago, MacTaz said:

Why stop there , let s have a look at the Boer War too ...we can dig up any miscreant and drag them before a court full of people who have probably never heard of the Boer War for judgement .  But we'll just give all the Boers  free pardons and immunity from prosecution, you know like we did for PIRA ......  

Do you really want to look at British involvement in the Boer War ?

21 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I'm sure all sorts of shit goes down during battles. I'm pretty sure if I caught someone alive who had just been firing on my mates I'd be tempted to shoot him. 

And like most you would refrain from doing so because you would be in the right frame of mind , or as right as one can be at that point. Al Blackman however was not . He was on his 6th tour, had been involved in some of the most brutal fighting the British Forces have undertaken since WW2. He was left out on his own in an FOB with precious little support from higher echelon, bearing the responsibility for the lives of the guys under his command on a daily basis 24 hours a day.  No senior officer had visited  the location during that time. The man was failed by his chain of command and by the justice system .  

20 hours ago, Newryrep said:

Do you really want to look at British involvement in the Boer War ?

I'm happy to look at any war we have been involved in : PROVIDED  BOTH SIDES are subjected to the same scrutiny.