Ripped off by fellow Scot!! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ripped off by fellow Scot!!

Dreaded Scotsman

It has been a while since this incident but I wanted to share this story with my fellow supporters and may be someone will know the culprit.

Due to a number of reasons (long shifts, three youngsters, moving home etc) I managed for the first time ever to miss the deadline for the Wembley game. So in desperation to get me and my pal tickets I seen a post on here stating someone was selling two tickets on Craigs List. I have always been very careful where and who I purchase from online. Anyway I phoned the mobile number and spoke to a Scottish guy claiming himself and his brother where unable to make the game and he would post the tickets. He seemed very genuine and we kept in contact via text and calls so i trusted the tickets would be sent....I was wrong!!! I sent the money via bank transfer and he said tickets would be straight in the post next day delivery. I waited for the postie the next day and nothing. His first excuse was his wife was supposed to post them, but they would be sent the following day. Nothing again so he now tells me they where sent standard post by mistake with two days to go before the game. Even though I'm in London there was still plenty of time for them to arrive but here I was midday on game day waiting for the postie when I was supposed to be in town with my dad and pals!

Even after all this he said he would be claiming from Royal Mail for lost post etc etc and a full refund would be made to me, but nothing! 

I have the culprits name as this was connected to the bank account details he provided, please get in touch via personal message and I can provide his name. I know he may never of had any tickets in the first place but talking to him on the phone and the fact he was a Scot with the advert stating SCOTLAND ONLY tickets for sale he didn't come across as a conman. Hopefully we can name and shame this idiot!!!

bit late to complain - i guess plenty folk cant be trusted- 

maybe be a genuine issue their side  - i have seen me let people down 1 way or another, and reason looks made up, but was genuine 

start responding to all the Nigerian phishing emails with his bank details ...........

Did he send you copies of the tickets or anything ?  since should not be reselling tickets

given these were Scotland end tickets (assumption ) get onto the Scottish Travel Club, and get him blocked

But personally i would phone him again from a different phone number, and see what story he told 

8 hours ago, euan2020 said:

bit late to complain - i guess plenty folk cant be trusted- 

maybe be a genuine issue their side  - i have seen me let people down 1 way or another, and reason looks made up, but was genuine 

start responding to all the Nigerian phishing emails with his bank details ...........

Did he send you copies of the tickets or anything ?  since should not be reselling tickets

given these were Scotland end tickets (assumption ) get onto the Scottish Travel Club, and get him blocked

But personally i would phone him again from a different phone number, and see what story he told 

I'm not complaining now...I went through all that months ago trust me!!

Got onto the SSC and left details with them but no response. Royal Mail could do nothing.

Tried calling him with user ID blocked and as soon as I started to talk he made out he couldn't hear me.

This guy really made my blood boil.

At the end of the day if you fail to deliver you refund the money or claim from RM, one way or the other.

11 hours ago, Dreaded Scotsman said:

It has been a while since this incident but I wanted to share this story with my fellow supporters and may be someone will know the culprit.

Due to a number of reasons (long shifts, three youngsters, moving home etc) I managed for the first time ever to miss the deadline for the Wembley game. So in desperation to get me and my pal tickets I seen a post on here stating someone was selling two tickets on Craigs List. I have always been very careful where and who I purchase from online. Anyway I phoned the mobile number and spoke to a Scottish guy claiming himself and his brother where unable to make the game and he would post the tickets. He seemed very genuine and we kept in contact via text and calls so i trusted the tickets would be sent....I was wrong!!! I sent the money via bank transfer and he said tickets would be straight in the post next day delivery. I waited for the postie the next day and nothing. His first excuse was his wife was supposed to post them, but they would be sent the following day. Nothing again so he now tells me they where sent standard post by mistake with two days to go before the game. Even though I'm in London there was still plenty of time for them to arrive but here I was midday on game day waiting for the postie when I was supposed to be in town with my dad and pals!

Even after all this he said he would be claiming from Royal Mail for lost post etc etc and a full refund would be made to me, but nothing! 

I have the culprits name as this was connected to the bank account details he provided, please get in touch via personal message and I can provide his name. I know he may never of had any tickets in the first place but talking to him on the phone and the fact he was a Scot with the advert stating SCOTLAND ONLY tickets for sale he didn't come across as a conman. Hopefully we can name and shame this idiot!!!

:lol:

9 hours ago, Dreaded Scotsman said:

Aye it was funny being shafted just before Christmas yah tosser!!

You shouldn't have been assisting someone with breaking ssc rules. 

I don't even know what part of your rant was my favourite bit :lol:

Probably the part that said he sounded genuine over the phone as he was Scottish,have you never watched The Bill? Every 2nd thief,mugger and conman is scottish...... :rollsmile: