Ambrose to Hibs - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ambrose to Hibs

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Well Aberdeen weren't willing to match the terms Hibs offered, so spin that as you like ?

No need to spin anything. You said Aberdeen "couldn't afford him", which is clearly incorrect. 

Good day. 

Couldn't afford as much as Hibs.

Good day.

If i pint of milk is £20 i could afford to buy it. I'd think it was a rip-off and would choose not to though. 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not even good enough for that it seems.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the reason, anyway I couldn't care less. The fact is , the sheep wanted him in January which given the bile directed at him from some of them on here I found pretty funny ?

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

The fact is , the sheep wanted him in January 

Nope. That's far from an established "fact", you just repeating it doesn't add validity to the statement. 

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the reason, anyway I couldn't care less. The fact is , the sheep wanted him in January which given the bile directed at him from some of them on here I found pretty funny ?

From what i can gather they inquired about him, found out Celtic were wanting silly money in terms of wages for somebody who has barely kicked a ball in the past 18 months and decided he wasn't worth it. 

Personally, i think Aberdeen didn't need him. They have better options than a half fit Commons. Had the lost their best player to Cardiff then they might have decided he was worth a gamble but in the end they never needed to.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

From what i can gather they inquired about him, found out Celtic were wanting silly money in terms of wages for somebody who has barely kicked a ball in the past 18 months and decided he wasn't worth it. 

Personally, i think Aberdeen didn't need him. They have better options than a half fit Commons. Had the lost their best player to Cardiff then they might have decided he was worth a gamble but in the end they never needed to.

Celtic weren't wanting silly money for him. Dunno where u get that from.

Parkies assertion is that they could easily have afforded him but didn't think him value for money, I'm not so sure. What's the top earner at the sheep getting these days?

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Parkies assertion is that they could easily have afforded him but didn't think him value for money, I'm not so sure. What's the top earner at the sheep getting these days?

lol.

We've won all but 1 game since the transfer window opened and he wouldn't have been able to play in that game.

Why would we splash out on him? 

More than the top earner at Hibs :ok: 

15 minutes ago, deecie said:

Personally I couldn't give a phück who earns what, just as long as we can afford it and keep winning :ok: 

And there you have it. If you have no idea what the wage structure is then you have no idea on affordability. Parkie now denying it even happened lol ?

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Parkie now denying it even happened lol ?

Nope, you've stated that something is a "fact" and are unable to provide any corroboration of this "fact". 

57 minutes ago, slasher said:

I mean in terms of wages, i'm guessing if he was going to Aberdeen then Celtic would have to have paid some of his wages, with Aberdeen making up the shortfall? It seems Commons is happier just sitting on his arse collecting his wages though.