Can you help - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can you help

lulu97

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I'm not on the boards much (9 month old stealing all my free time!) these days...

Please help if you can! A colleague from East Ayrshire council works with a disabled fan who has a ticket for Wembley - now usually he gets his career ticket with that but the FA aren't doing that ? So he has booked two train tickets and two hotels rooms and he is now worried he will have wasted his money as he can't travel without a carer. If anyone has a ticket he could use for a carer could you please get in touch and I will pass your details over to my colleague.

Sadly my colleague wasn't able to take up the opportunity a few fans got in contact about due to what I assume are council regulations :wacko:

So... trying a new tactic - this is not a ticket request since that is unlike to happen now. Originally I had asked if anyone had a ticket they could sell to a disabled fan whose disabled persons ticket is not recognised by the FA and so does not have ticket for a carer. He has bought a train ticket and a hotel room for a carer but at this point won't able to go because he can travel without a carer. So the new plea is - would anyone who already has a ticket be willing to act as a carer for a disabled fan? No special training is needed except maybe the ability to navigate well and to stay sober enough to do the navigation! If you think you might be able to help please let me know and I'll put you in contact with my colleague who works with the fan.

Edited by lulu97

41 minutes ago, lulu97 said:

Sadly my colleague wasn't able to take up the opportunity a few fans got in contact about due to what I assume are council regulations :wacko:

So... trying a new tactic - this is not a ticket request since that is unlike to happen now. Originally I had asked if anyone had a ticket they could sell to a disabled fan whose disabled persons ticket is not recognised by the FA and so does not have ticket for a carer. He has bought a train ticket and a hotel room for a carer but at this point won't able to go because he can travel without a carer. So the new plea is - would anyone who already has a ticket be willing to act as a carer for a disabled fan? No special training is needed except maybe the ability to navigate well and to stay sober enough to do the navigation! If you think you might be able to help please let me know and I'll put you in contact with my colleague who works with the fan.

I'm not going so can't help buy really surprised you've not had a single reply let alone possible help.

Often tickets appear at the last minute so hopefully somebody, somehow will step up.

I'd consider contacting either FA as they may be able to help, especially under the circumstances of being a carer for someone else. They must have lots of last minutes, unused tickets and could do the right thing to help out.

You could/should email the SFA or FA.