March 2001 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2001

bonny78

A home game against my 2nd favourite international team San Marino (i applied for the job via e mail once and outlined my idea of getting all the players drunk before every game)

Should be an "easy peasy japeneasy game against a mino team"...............  said the san marino manager.

I was in a pub in newington Edinburgh watching the game and I can remember the crowd going yeeeeeeeassssssssssss and then shortly afterwards yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahsssssssss.  2 quick goals in a few mins put scotland in a good position.     Even big blondie Hendry got a goal.. i assume it was a header cause he never scores with his feet. 

We romped on for a 4-0 win and 3 points and it was good to get the Belgium game out of our system.

Happy days. yyesssssssssssss   

7 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Even big blondie Hendry got a goal.. i assume it was a header cause he never scores with his feet. 

Au contraire sir, he scored 2 and one was an absolute thunderbuster. 

He then elbowed a guy in the coupon while trying for a hat trick, earning a 6 match ban which ended his international career.

Eventful evening for the big man...

Edited by Toepoke