Luxembourg Internation to Metz - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Luxembourg Internation to Metz

Mowgli

Anyone doing this trip and got good advice with regards to booking websites for travel between the two? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Likewise me and the wife have just joined the supporters club and were hoping this would be our first point, any chance of it going to 0 pointers?

Just checked its around £30/£35 return depending on times and takes 42 minutes. Advice from site I looked at is buy tix in Luxembourg as you can't book seats. I googled this - trains from Luxembourg to Metz.

It will depend on our allocation if this goes to 0 pointers. Sorry can't be more helpful 're tickets

6 of us flying to Lux via Amsterdam. Plenty of trains down to Metz, think we are just intending to jump on the first available train.

I can see the French turning out in numbers for this game as it is very close to the Euros. It would be good if the SFA could agree ticket allocation for friendlies during the negotiations. Might not announce any ticket details for a few weeks. 

Looking at flights back on Sunday leaving at 1130am.  First train from Metz gets to Lux at 10:20 and then (I think) it's a short taxi to the airport.

With hand luggage would that still be too tight does anyone know?  Not sure how reliable the trains are as leaves no contingency

1 hour ago, MarthacleanerFC said:

Looking at flights back on Sunday leaving at 1130am.  First train from Metz gets to Lux at 10:20 and then (I think) it's a short taxi to the airport.

With hand luggage would that still be too tight does anyone know?  Not sure how reliable the trains are as leaves no contingency

I'd say you are cutting it very very fine, even with hand baggage and online check-in.  Taxi to the airport from the station would take 15-20 minutes.

I assume that's the BA flight back to Heathrow.  I was looking at that originally but decided against it, anything goes the least bit wrong then you are screwed.  

1 hour ago, MarthacleanerFC said:

There's a direct bus from Metx to LUX airport that'll get you there with plenty of time to spare.

Booked trains an hour ago...Lux Centre on the Friday 1809 to Metz and returning just after lunchtime on Sunday to get the 1740 out.....for 2 return 64 Euros / £49......and a couple of quid to collect at station......happy with that

• 3 weeks later...

Like the idea of a 1 hour bus from Lux to Metz.

That aside, if I were to get the train, could I just arrive on Saturday morning, buy a TGV ticket and jump on? Don't really like being locked into a specific train, as would be stuffed if the plane is delayed.

J