What Routes Are People Taking? - Page 11 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Routes Are People Taking?

wanderer

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked tues to sat via Kiev £307 but clicked wrong outbound flight I'm on the 12.20 instead of 23.00 so got 18 hours in Kiev instead of 7 doh.... So any suggestions what to do overnight this trip costing enough without more hotel costs im raging at myself 3 hours searching for best deals I I click on wrong frigging button ?????

Just booked tues to sat via Kiev £307 but clicked wrong outbound flight I'm on the 12.20 instead of 23.00 so got 18 hours in Kiev instead of 7 doh.... So any suggestions what to do overnight this trip costing enough without more hotel costs im raging at myself 3 hours searching for best deals I I click on wrong frigging button

Hotels in Kyiv just now are at rock bottom prices..... Hotel Ukraine on the main square is basically £25 a night for a suite (before the troubles started that was a £80+ a night hotel just for a double room), and unless its a big brand name or 5 star hotel, you can get some pretty good prices.

Just stick to Krushiatic Street and will find plenty to do.

Edited by wanderer

Hotels in Kyiv just now are at rock bottom prices..... Hotel Ukraine on the main square is basically £25 a night for a suite, and unless its a big brand name or 5 star hotel, you can get some pretty good prices.

Just stick to Krushiatic Street and will find plenty to do.

Cheers I will look into that I know been asked before and I know I should google it but my heid spinning do I need a visa ??

Just booked tues to sat via Kiev £307 but clicked wrong outbound flight I'm on the 12.20 instead of 23.00 so got 18 hours in Kiev instead of 7 doh.... So any suggestions what to do overnight this trip costing enough without more hotel costs im raging at myself 3 hours searching for best deals I I click on wrong frigging button ?????

Phone whoever you just booked with pleading ignorance. Most are pretty good at fixing minor mistakes.

Won't take much pleading to prove my ignorance lol looking at hotel prices they start from £1.20 a night so might as well stay overnight in a bed rather than 7 hrs in an airport

Too true. Think on the positives, you will get to see a city/country that you have never been to. Been pretty topical in the news recently and you will have a story to tell about why you are there. £25 for a suite sounds brilliant!

J

Its the 07:00 flight back on the Saturday thats frightning me. Need to get that taxi booked and gear packed away before leaving the hotel on match day.

J

Actually glad that I have a late afternoon flight home the day after the match...... 4am Skopje to Vienna flight day after the last Macedonia flight was a killer.... into Vienna for 8am and hotel refused to let me check in until noon.

Like you suggested, everything was packed before set out for the game the day before so was just a case of back to the hotel, grab the bags and into the waiting taxi to the airport (with no memory of taking my seat on the plane and waking up in Vienna)

We have an early flight on the Sunday! Booked it so we get back to Glasgow in plenty of time for the Germany game. Last time we had an early flight was in Norway mind you & we missed that, costing us £260 just to catch up with our other flights. 4 there & 4 back, after that we swore never to get an early flight again. Will we learn...

Edited by Rory

Its the 07:00 flight back on the Saturday thats frightning me. Need to get that taxi booked and gear packed away before leaving the hotel on match day.

J

Pffft.

My flight home is at 1:20am on the Saturday morning.

Actually glad that I have a late afternoon flight home the day after the match...... 4am Skopje to Vienna flight day after the last Macedonia flight was a killer.... into Vienna for 8am and hotel refused to let me check in until noon.

Like you suggested, everything was packed before set out for the game the day before so was just a case of back to the hotel, grab the bags and into the waiting taxi to the airport (with no memory of taking my seat on the plane and waking up in Vienna)

Was thinking that today wouldnt it be mental "coming to" as we landed in Istanbul airport at 06:35 local time.

Good ole memory loss time travel.

Worst one I had was waking up naked at a house party (clothes werent on the floor), going for a piss, then forgetting which room I left to go for a leak. In the end, I picked up a rug from the living room floor and used that to hide my junk while trying to find my kit. Facking liability!

J