Scotland Women V Macedonia - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Women V Macedonia

KirkieRobRoy

Nov 29, Nou St Mirren Park, KO 3.05pm.

Probably Scotland's winningest national team. Time to raise the pitiful crowds they've been getting. St Andrew's Day Weekend, nae meaningful men's matches for a year or so, only a fiver to get in.

What's stopping you?

The quality of football mainly, amongst other things...

The quality of football mainly, amongst other things...

After watching the Women's team for the last 3 years when playing in the Cyprus Cup I was pleasantly suprised at the standard of football and the technical ability of the ladies...give it a wee go...you might be surprised

I actually follow a fair bit of women's football and the standard is a lot higher than given credit for, and Scotland have a few handy players.

They're top of their qualifying group and are going to stroll it. The top two in each group qualify, Scotland and Iceland are thumping everyone in it. By the time the two actually meet they'll likely have already qualified for the finals (which are in Holland for anyone thinking of a trip in 2017).

Yep.

I don't think it has quite sunk in for many yet that this is a Scotland team that are going places, quite possibly to a major finals, and that they have skills and teamwork that put many men's teams to shame. Kim Little could score a hat-trick in the time it takes Alan Hutton to trap a ball.