League Cup Semi Finals - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully sense will prevail and our semi will be at Tynecastle on the Saturday at 3 o'clock although when was the last time the spfl done anything sensible?

Are hearts at home that weekend 30/31 Jan?

Just checked due to play Ross county so game would be off.

We are away to Ross county.

Given that we have played recent league cups semis at Easter road against ICT twice and Motherwell and hibs and Aberdeen have played st Johnstone at tynecastle I imagine the game will be at tynecastle

Aberdeen- Saints was at Tynecastle because Hampden was unavailable.

Is was a brilliant atmosphere, but the ground was too small for the number of Dons fans that wanted to be there.

Just saying....I still suspect both games will be at Hampden. I'm also not sure why St Johnstone would want the game to be in Edinburgh.

I'm also not sure why St Johnstone would want the game to be in Edinburgh.

It's something I've never understood is when Us or Them get to semi some fans(not I) seem to expect the opposing team to travel to Edinburgh.

Imagine the uproar on HibsDotShite if we had to travel to Tannadice ??

It's something I've never understood is when Us or Them get to semi some fans(not I) seem to expect the opposing team to travel to Edinburgh.

Imagine the uproar on HibsDotShite if we had to travel to Tannadice

Tynie and Easter Road are 2 of the best grounds in the country for watching a football game.

But.....given the relatively small capacity of Tynecastle, given the fact that Hibs would ask for 75% of the tickets, and given Saints experience against Aberdeen there....I can't see why St Johnstone would want the game played anywhere else than Hampden.

Tynie and Easter Road are 2 of the best grounds in the country for watching a football game.

But.....given the relatively small capacity of Tynecastle, given the fact that Hibs would ask for 75% of the tickets, and given Saints experience against Aberdeen there....I can't see why St Johnstone would want the game played anywhere else than Hampden.

Besides, dont fancy having to dress up to survive Swynie's decrepit old stand.

3094332-october-14th-1940-a-demonstratio

Besides, dont fancy having to dress up to survive Swynie's decrepit old stand.

3094332-october-14th-1940-a-demonstratio

Showing off your lack of knowledge again?

I would get in while you can, might be your last time you can visit tynecastle in its current format, you know you lot not being good enough to to be in the same league as is and all that.?

Showing off your lack of knowledge again

I would get in while you can, might be your last time you can visit tynecastle in its current format, you know you lot not being good enough to to be in the same league as is and all that.

Not another Main Stand development proposal surely? :-)) How are the nets that have to be kept up under the roof of the main stand to prevent falling pieces of the roof?

btw, I still reckon you might end up with stadium out by Hermiston as part of David Murray's Garden village proposal.

a realistic one this time, yes

according to the authorities who issue the safety certificate on an annual basis they are fine but being an expert on the matter you probably already knew that.

no I cant see that happening

I know money is the issue, but do you not own the land behind the main stand, you could move the pitch 90 degrees then, would mean a complete rebuild though?

I know money is the issue, but do you not own the land behind the main stand, you could move the pitch 90 degrees then, would mean a complete rebuild though?

Most of the land but I think if we were looking at tuning it 90 degrees then we would be better off moving.

The main issue for me is not getting the main stand build its moving the pink steelwork in the 4 corners that supports the Gorgie, school and wheatfield stands, which would allow the pitch to comply with UEFA standards.

In an ideal world those could be shifted to the outside of the stands and the corners filled in with the pitch lengthened by a couple of metres.

Edited by hannibal smith

We have already removed several rows from the front of the roseburn to allow for a track round the pitch as the stands were too close to the pitch.

I know but they're not in other folks minds. It's a great place to watch a game yet because of the ridiculous reasons you highlight it's not in the eyes of UEFA.

Aberdeen- Saints was at Tynecastle because Hampden was unavailable.

Is was a brilliant atmosphere, but the ground was too small for the number of Dons fans that wanted to be there.

Just saying....I still suspect both games will be at Hampden. I'm also not sure why St Johnstone would want the game to be in Edinburgh.

We played Hearts at Easter Road in 98. Thumped them. Although our record in two semis at Tynecastle since then is played 2, lost 2. Hibs then Aberdeen.

We played Hearts at Easter Road in 98. Thumped them. Although our record in two semis at Tynecastle since then is played 2, lost 2. Hibs then Aberdeen.

Just saying.

When we played you at Tynecastle the atmosphere suited us completely. 3 stands packed with Dons fans undoubtedly helped Aberdeen.

On the other hand, the semi at Ibrox on a Sunday lunchtime with a 15k crowd and no atmosphere seemed to work in Saints favour....or at the very least didn't do Aberdeen any favours.

If I were a Saints fan, I'd be wondering why effectively giving Hibs a home game in the semi-final was a good idea. I'd want the game at Hampden, where Hibs would have no advantage in terms of atmosphere and where the bigger park should suit Saints more than Hibs.

Just my opinion. My team's out so I don't really give a f**k :wink2::wink2: