Stuff To Do - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuff To Do

Frazerbob

Thought I'd start a thread on things to do for those of us staying for a holiday after the game. I am returning to Vale Do Lobo were I spent a week last year so did a few things. Feel free to add to the list if you've been before or done some homework.

1. Dolphin watching from Villamoura harbour. I did this last year, it was fantastic. Loads of Dolphins swam right up to our wee boat.

2. Go-carting in Almancil. Quite pricey but good fun and close to Villamoura and Faro. Probably some closer to Albufera.

3. Quarteria Market, Wednesday mornings. A real tat fest with loads of counterfeit gear, electronics, perfume, fags etc. good fun!

4. Ilhas Desertas, as the name suggests, a desert island. Ferries depart from Quatro Aguas. Didn't go last time but looks amazing. Might be an option to get away from it all if the unthinkable happens.

5. Tavira Island, similar to above, ferries from Faro this time I believe.

6. Slide & Splash water park in Lagoa. Looks like the only park open in October apart from Aquashow, which I visited last year. Avoid Aquashow, it's horrendous.

7. Monchique, take a drive up the mountains to this lovely wee town, famous for rediculously strong honey liquor.

Add to this loads of golf, piri piri chicken, seafood etc.

Edited by Frazerbob

8. Daytime binge drinking

9. Eating loads of those wee custard tarts

10. Throwing loads of those wee custard tarts off your balcony at unsuspecting passersby

11. Laughing at foreign TV

12. Getting drunk in a dive near the port and talking loudly in English with a French accent

13. Staring in to space waiting for your hangover to lessen

14. Sitting around in your accommodation waiting for your flight