Meeting Point - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Meeting Point

jokerman

:blink:

In Eastern Europe you find most these fountains and squares are named after a national hero or a saint (and they have a lot of them in places like this) and if you try any of the usual shaninigans it's a major slap in the face to their whole culture, and though most will probably pass it off as light hearted fun, a lot will not see it that way.....

In Eastern Europe you find most these fountains and squares are named after a national hero or a saint (and they have a lot of them in places like this) and if you try any of the usual shaninigans it's a major slap in the face to their whole culture, and though most will probably pass it off as light hearted fun, a lot will not see it that way.....

2uf7sxg.jpg

:ok:

SSC saying what not to do.............

DON’T

Climb monuments or take a dip in any of the city’s fountains as this may result in your detention or arrest

Engage in activities which may be viewed as offensive to the locals or their religious or cultural heritage

Take pictures of the local police, the military or the clergy

Use the Metro – it is not recommended or advised

Over indulge - those excessively drunk will not gain access to the stadium

Engage in racist, sectarian or political behaviours

Bring flares, fireworks, alcohol, cans, glass, bottle tops, plastic bottles or containers, coins, lighters to the stadium

Edited by wanderer

That's how I was planning on getting to the stadium? I'll probably (definitely) just ignore that piece of advice.

Last time they had free mini bus services to and from the stadium. It's also only about 30 minute walk from the old town.

That's how I was planning on getting to the stadium? I'll probably (definitely) just ignore that piece of advice.

Most of them are the usual do's and don't do they copy and past for every trip.... but the metro one is a new one.

Clearly something they have been advised on by the local police when they have went on to Tbilisi (they do seem to be drilling in the "be on your best behavior when it comes to local traditions" more than usual).

i thought the metro advice strange too. Whilst on the subject...here is an extract from LP

The efficient Tbilisi metro operates from 6am to midnight, and the two lines reach most important parts of the city, meeting at Sadguris Moed ani station. To use the metro, buy a Metromoney card (2 GEL), and charge it up with credit for rides, at any metro station ticket office. You touch the card on a reader when you enter the metro. Your first ride of the day costs 0.50 GEL, your second 0.30 GEL, and any further rides the same day 0.20 GEL. You can sell your card back within a month if you show the original purchase receipt. English signage and announcements are being phased in alongside Georgian. Station names are announced at each stop, and just before the

doors shut the next station is announced.