Lost Tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lost Tickets

Scotch_Haggis

Hud a few panics wae tickets many years ago when you hud tae send a stamped addressed envelope ma dug et them Lithuania in 06 a left 4 tickets sittin in ma kitchen sat a plug in airfreshener beside them which duly leaked aw oor them removing aw the ink so wiz left wae blank tickets that smelled very nice ssc sorted me oot both times

It's good that the SFA do that. I remember back in 2006? when Liverpool played West Ham in the FA cup final in Cardiff a post van got robbed in Liverpool and hundreds of cup final tickets that were posted to Liverpool fans got nicked.

The FA were able to cancel the tickets thus rendering them useless but refused to issue duplicates. Hundreds of fans (accommodation and travel all booked as well) missed the final as a result.

The SFA come in for a lot of stick, a lot of it justified, but they deserve credit for their stance on issuing duplicates.

• 1 month later...

Just rang the SFA/SSC regarding this as I'm in the same postion as the op.

Line I was given that as there is no ticket control at Hampden - they can't issue duplicate tickets as they can't have multiple tickets - I can only buy new ones (but Poland is a sell out), or find my existing ones...

They wont even let me re-buy the seats I have been issued....

I lost both my Germany and Poland tickets probably binned by mistake.I called the SSC and explained what had happened ,they were not interested but offered me new tickets at £40 each. Will just have to watch the game in the pub.

As above they can reissue as they did for me at the start of this campaign. Can't mind what matchh itnwas but binned them I think with receipts by mistake

Sounds like if it's not a sell out they will reissue them. If it's a sell out, they become bastards as they assume you are on the grift.

J

Sounds like if it's not a sell out they will reissue them. If it's a sell out, they become bastards as they assume you are on the grift.

J

Sounds like you might be right - will call again in a day or two.

I still own the flat at the old address - just renting it out and after sifting through as much of the mail as I can find, still no sign of the tickets. Wondering if maybe they got lost in the post - its not something I would easily misplace, and I didn't pay for any kind of special delivery.

Thanks for the input anyway - fingers crossed.

J

Very possibly the case. It was also parkhead so they could have cancelled the barcode? Can't mind if we used the barcodes or not though?

I suppose if you think about it if it's a sell oot and their reprinting tickets and people are at it there could be people standing about with no seats good old health and safety

They just need to cancel the originals and use the same technology most other stadia has to prevent the cancelled tickets being used.

Typical SFA in the dark ages along with their nineties website