Day Trip - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Day Trip

Just get a 6am flight...it'll feel like a day trip.

Someone might run a bus with a view to catching the last ferry from Belfast at 23:30 but id imagine most will stay the night.

Latest flight to Scotland looks to be at 19:55 so doubt you'll catch that....you could fly into London and catch the megabus up the road...

• 2 weeks later...

For the first one, I took a half day off work (Perth) and flew from Edinburgh

Got the 15.50 flight out and the 06.30 I think it was the following morning (we had a room at the airport hotel)

Actually got into work earlier that I would normally have been in at!

Have done the 6am-ish flight home from Dublin plenty of times on a Saturday morning after being at a League of Ireland game on a Friday night.

You do feel like shit, but its functional and gets you home first thing in the morning. I would rather feel shit in my own house lying on the couch, than hanging about a foreign airport somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Have done the 6am-ish flight home from Dublin plenty of times on a Saturday morning after being at a League of Ireland game on a Friday night.

You do feel like shit, but its functional and gets you home first thing in the morning. I would rather feel shit in my own house lying on the couch, than hanging about a foreign airport somewhere.

And the benifit is you travel still pissed so you feel grand.

J

We done the "day" trip a few years back for the Ireland B v Scotland B game.First flight from Prestwick to Dublin then first flight back the next morning. Pretty hard core but think I'll settle for the comfort of a bed instead of an airport departure lounge floor this time!

Edited by McDange