European Draws - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely fecking shite.

They play in a town called Tetovo, which has a majority Albanian population and may, or may not be, at war with someone at this moment in time.

One of the biggest hotels in town (and I'm not anticipating a plethora) is the 'Hotel Petrol Company'.

Nae idea if you can get a bevvy there.

Been to Macedonia once...the women were stunning, the guys were thieving f*ckers trying to scam you at every turn. And that was in Skopje, the Macedonian New York....feck knows what out in the sticks will be like.

They play in a town called Tetovo, which has a majority Albanian population and may, or may not be, at war with someone at this moment in time.

One of the biggest hotels in town (and I'm not anticipating a plethora) is the 'Hotel Petrol Company'.

Been to Macedonia once...the women were stunning, the guys were thieving f*ckers trying to scam you at every turn. And that was in Skopje, the Macedonian New York....feck knows what out in the sticks will be like.

Hostel ....the prequel.

From what mate is telling me from Macedonia, this team are forced to play all their European games in the national stadium in Skopje.

Been kicking off between the Macedonians and the Albanians (plus Kosovo-Albanians in recent months)

Edited by wanderer

From what mate is telling me from Macedonia, this team are forced to play all their European games in the national stadium in Skopje.

Been kicking off between the Macedonians and the Albanians (plus Kosovo-Albanians in recent months)

Looks like a fun time all round.

Ho hum.

Well so much for the draw being regional. We're almost in bloody Iraq!

Aye.

Shkendija and Ashtarak are the kind of places that feature on CNN adverts at 2 in the morning......showing someone in a white lab coat operating a 1970's printing press, then a guy in a crimpolene pin-stripe suit and a dodgy 'tash appears saying....'Ashatark !!! Number one place to do business !!! Friendly government !!! Bribes !!! Almost no war !!! Come and bring your company here now....'

Aye.

Shkendija and Ashtarak are the kind of places that feature on CNN adverts at 2 in the morning......showing someone in a white lab coat operating a 1970's printing press, then a guy in a crimpolene pin-stripe suit and a dodgy 'tash appears saying....'Ashatark !!! Number one place to do business !!! Friendly government !!! Bribes !!! Almost no war !!! Come and bring your company here now....'

Cheapest flights for me are $850 which is really cheap. That's Chicago-New York-Moscow-Yerevan.

Cheapest flights for me are $850 which is really cheap. That's Chicago-New York-Moscow-Yerevan.

That's what a thieving taxi driver tries to charge in Macedonia for the 3 mile journey from the airport to your hotel..... :blink:

Only 2 redeeming features for the Dons (and Saints ?)......the first leg is away from home and the Macedonian season doesn't start until the beginning of August as well.

Not sure about the Armenian season.

Only 2 redeeming features for the Dons (and Saints ?)......the first leg is away from home and the Macedonian season doesn't start until the beginning of August as well.

Not sure about the Armenian season.

One thing is that the heat will kill our boys compared to lads there used to it.