Meeting Point - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Meeting Point

Is the Temple Bar area not really expensive, I was told to avoid this area

Temple Bar is somewhere that I always say you should go and see, but avoid spending all your time in.

It's expensive and touristy, but it's worth seeing and spending some time in. Most bars have some live music on regardless of the time or day of the week.

There are better places and cheaper places to go at night but midweek during the day I usually managed to find one or two pubs that were busy with a good atmosphere.

Temple Bar is somewhere that I always say you should go and see, but avoid spending all your time in.

It's expensive and touristy, but it's worth seeing and spending some time in. Most bars have some live music on regardless of the time or day of the week.

There are better places and cheaper places to go at night but midweek during the day I usually managed to find one or two pubs that were busy with a good atmosphere.

Spot on & hit the nail on the head I would say! Temple Bar is definitely worth a stroll round for a few beers and I am positive the atmosphere will be great there.

:beer2:

The hotel i was supposed to be staying at had a bar / nightclub next door called Diceys. I followed them on twitter and they always seem to have drink promos on like 2euro pints / bottles and 3euro vod + dash

2 Euros a pint? I am there!

Where is the best drinking area to go? Such as Rose Street / Grassmarket in Edinburgh. Somewhere with lots of bars, some space outside? or are they all dotted around

There are literally pubs everywhere in Dublin. The main areas would be.

Harcourt St

Camden St

Temple Bar

Baggot St

Grafton St area.

There's also millions more inbetween. You'll enjoy yourself here.

There are literally pubs everywhere in Dublin. The main areas would be.

Harcourt St

Camden St

Temple Bar

Baggot St

Grafton St area.

There's also millions more inbetween. You'll enjoy yourself here.

nice one thanks :ok: