Blur At The Barras - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Blur At The Barras

Anyone go to this last night. Probably in the top 2-3 of about 40+ gigs I've been to at the Barras over the years. A great mix of the new album and old classics and both band and crowd were right up for it. What a night!!

I dont get the fuss with Blur at all.

I'm not a huge fan, more of a greatest hits type. The only time I'd seen them before last night was at Glastonbury nearly 20 years ago but they put on some show last night.

I'm not a huge fan, more of a greatest hits type. The only time I'd seen them before last night was at Glastonbury nearly 20 years ago but they put on some show last night.

Aye fair enough, i'd imagine they would be quite good to see live even if you werent that much of a fan. if that makes sense

One of the best gigs I ever went to was the first ever at the Corn Exchange (paint still wet). They played all their singles up to that point in order. Great singles band at least.

Edited by Deeklipse

Sounds like a great gig - gets a good review here:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/12/blur-review-damon-albarn-glasgow-barrowlands

The serene Beetlebum still stands out as the moment Blur out-Beatled Oasis

I've been listening to Blur a lot on my iPod this week and that's what really struck me - at their peak the sheer range of what they could do made them much more like the Beatles than Oasis ever managed.

Edited by neilser