Airport For 8.30Pm Flight? - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Airport For 8.30Pm Flight?

Anyone gone straight from the Aviva to airport before? There is a flight at 8.30pm on day of game, so would need to be at airport for 8pm at the latest. It is really cheap, probably a reason why....so that is why I was hoping to get it. Anyone think this is doable?

Stay the night and enjoy the celebration. I couldn't imagine going straight home.

I'd love to mate, but I am currently a skint student who also has to budget to see ICT away in Europe too with no income in next few months :angry::cheers3:

I'd love to mate, but I am currently a skint student who also has to budget to see ICT away in Europe too with no income in next few months :angry::cheers3:

Well thats only going to be 1 away trip, so won't need to budget to much? :D

It's possible but it really relies on a taxi that will cost you 30 quid anyway. The big problem is getting out of the aviva sharpish then getting the taxi. That would take a minimum half hour. Then there's going to be traffic so your 20 main trip to the airport could be 35. Then it depends on which terminal you're flying from. Terminal 1 was always a bit slower to get through. Wouldn't like to be trying it myself!

Anyone gone straight from the Aviva to airport before? There is a flight at 8.30pm on day of game, so would need to be at airport for 8pm at the latest. It is really cheap, probably a reason why....so that is why I was hoping to get it. Anyone think this is doable?

Tight as a knats arse that, I wouldn't risk it as will cost you and arm and a leg to get home if you miss it.

There's a flight to Manchester at 9.15pm for 17 quid if that helps. Megabus back would likely be cheap as chips

** edit **

There's a megabus from Manc to Glasgow at 1.30am for 13 quid. (even leaves you time for a few pints in Manchester) Back in Glasgow for 6.15am. :ok:

Edited by Doakes

This flight has been brought up on here a number of times in recent months and the reason it is cheap is simply because if you make it for the flight it will be by the skin of your teeth!

Only way you will make it is setting off from the ground early (as away fans will probably be kept back a little while, and home fans will be going out in massive numbers).

Forget about a taxi within the area of the stadium, as I can not see many wanting to get caught up in a sea of football fans departing the stadium..... so even if you can get a taxi, you are probably going to have to walk a fair distance away from the stadium to get one.

Basically its not worth the risk with the chance you will have to spend A LOT more to get home after missing your flight.

Well thats only going to be 1 away trip, so won't need to budget to much? :D

I would still take that, never thought I'd see it happen!!!

If your that skint don't go and I'll buy your ticket ??

Hahah good try, if i was that skint I would sell my sperm to allow me to make the game!

Your issue has been raised before on a few other threads my friend - seems the 8.30 flight is a popular choice

As an Irishman and someone who lives in dublin.....unfortunately its way too tight

Game kicks off at 5pm, game finishes at 7pm (including injury time in both halves) , it will take about 15 mins to leave the stadium, another 15 mins to get onto the main road...that brings u up to 7.30pm.

After that you will need to get a taxi IMMEDIATELY....which probably wont happen due to the large crowd.

Then if you if manage to get an immediate taxi, you need a clear run (traffic free to the airport) ...and that will take about 25 /30 mins......

but on a saturday eve/night in dublin....you wont get a traffic free night in Dublin....so it will be longer than 25/30 mins

and that leaves u arriving at the airport past 8pm