Scottish Syriza ? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The folk who think they know what it means have about 1000 different definitions of it.

There's one definition. Reformists and social democrats have bastardised it over time, but they'll be remembered come the revolution... Especially Fox :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one definition. Reformists and social democrats have bastardised it over time, but they'll be remembered come the revolution... Especially Fox :lol:

What's your definition? And if you just copy a link I'm no opening it. If you can't say it in your own words you don't understand what it means.

What's your definition? And if you just copy a link I'm no opening it. If you can't say it in your own words you don't understand what it means.

the means of distribution , production, trade , bartering etc all controlled collectively by the community. It's not a difficult concept it gets complicated and divergent when you start deciding how to go about that.

the means of distribution , production, trade , bartering etc all controlled collectively by the community. It's not a difficult concept it gets complicated and divergent when you start deciding how to go about that.

Define "community".

Only joking, but this often how these conversations go. Same as trying to define right and left wing. It's awe bollox IMO.

No, it's a Phuqqing disgrace. I just sign on (no other benefits), and they even managed to Phuqq that up.

Loads of folk think it's too easy to claim and live off benefits until they have to do it for themselves. It is an eye opener for folk unfortunate enough to be in that position for the first time. And they probably didn't "Phuqq it up", its all part of the process delay and discourage. A percentage of folk will just give up, they come off the system, unemployment figures look better. I know a lot of folk working in these places and it is so subtle that often even they, themselves don't realise they are doing it. They think they are just following the procedure.

Loads of folk think it's too easy to claim and live off benefits until they have to do it for themselves. It is an eye opener for folk unfortunate enough to be in that position for the first time. And they probably didn't "Phuqq it up", its all part of the process delay and discourage. A percentage of folk will just give up, they come off the system, unemployment figures look better. I know a lot of folk working in these places and it is so subtle that often even they, themselves don't realise they are doing it. They think they are just following the procedure.

To think what I paid in tax and NI too. The folk at the job centre are grand - it was England who made a James Hunt o things.

Trying to live off 70-odd quid a week must be hellish. I spend at least half that just on my sandwiches and sundries Mon - Fri lunchtimes.

What annoys me is the government still taxes redundancy payments over £30,000 (it has been at this level since at least the 1990s). If I get made redundant they'll help themselves to 40% over the £30,000 and give me a pittance in JSA (or whatever it's called this month) in return. Time the threshold was increased to at least £50,000.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Trying to live off 70-odd quid a week must be hellish. I spend at least half that just on my sandwiches and sundries Mon - Fri lunchtimes.

What annoys me is the government still taxes redundancy payments over £30,000 (it has been at this level since at least the 1990s). If I get made redundant they'll help themselves to 40% over the £30,000 and give me a pittance in JSA (or whatever it's called this month) in return. Time the threshold was increased to at least £50,000.

If you can get the company to split the redundancy payment over two tax years.

E.g. £30000 tax free on 04 April when you're a 40% tax payer

Then the balance on 07 April when you're a 20% (out of work) taxpayer.

Just sayin'.

If you can get the company to split the redundancy payment over two tax years.

E.g. £30000 tax free on 04 April when you're a 40% tax payer

Then the balance on 07 April when you're a 20% (out of work) taxpayer.

Just sayin'.

Nice one, Flure. Not sure my employer would cooperate though.

It's the bloody indignation of going into that hell-hole to sign on. Clocked a guy from the golf club walking by it, and had to run up the lane beside the Quaich.

One thing to bear in mind is that your employer will tax the sum above £30k at your notional tax rate - and leave you with a bill that you don't know you have until three years later when HMRC write to you to tell them that you owe them several thousand pounds. There will then follow protracted negotiations with you telling them that you're cash-strapped having invested all the money elsewhere and have very little income and them eventually settling for some pittance per month that you'll have to keep paying until your deid.

So I've heard. :wink2:

Nice one, Flure. Not sure my employer would cooperate though.

Or you could put the excess in a pension fund and claim the tax back. You would then have to pay tax on the pension when you eventually take it but that would be at the lower rate. Unless, you're pension is so big it takes you into the higher bracket, in which case you don't need to worry about paying 40% tax.