Boca Juniors Fans - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boca Juniors Fans

Now and again while on night shift I take a flutter on the South American football. Tonight I took in the

Boca Juniors V River Plate, Libertadores game and it has just descended in to madness with the players of River Plate being attacked by pepper spray from the Boca fans as they emerged for the second half.

Unbelievable scenes, the South American fans really are mental.

The derby between Boca Juniors and River Plate at La Bombonera stadium is suspended for aggression suffered by the River players as they stepped onto the field to begin the second half.

Apparently fans of Boca Juniors launched what appears to be pepper spray.

Leonardo Ponzio , Matias Kraneviter and Ramiro Funes suffered severe irritation in his eyes.

Funes was one of the hardest hit. With obvious irritation in one eye , the defense was interviewed in the middle of the court and said : "They are cowards , it is a football game , not a war."

30lpabb.png

I was at a River/Boca derby in 2002. A fan had been stabbed and killed at the previous derby so they were trying to take some of the heat out of this one. Some bright spark decided that parading 40 young kids on the pitch before the match would do the trick. Unfortunately they paraded 20 kids in Boca tops in front of the River fans and vice versa, the poor bairns had coins, fireworks and all manner of other shit launched at them.

At the end of the game the Boca fans lit up some bonfires in the away end (not a clue how they smuggled the wood in). The river officials then brought out these massive fire hoses and blasted any poor sod that was left in the away end.

I was talking to a River fan after the game and apparently they do the same when they go to Boca.

All a bit mad mental

I was at a River/Boca derby in 2002. A fan had been stabbed and killed at the previous derby so they were trying to take some of the heat out of this one. Some bright spark decided that parading 40 young kids on the pitch before the match would do the trick. Unfortunately they paraded 20 kids in Boca tops in front of the River fans and vice versa, the poor bairns had coins, fireworks and all manner of other shit launched at them.

At the end of the game the Boca fans lit up some bonfires in the away end (not a clue how they smuggled the wood in). The river officials then brought out these massive fire hoses and blasted any poor sod that was left in the away end.

I was talking to a River fan after the game and apparently they do the same when they go to Boca.

All a bit mad mental

At least nobody brought a drum, flag on a stick or had the audacity to stand up!

:lol:

Now and again while on night shift I take a flutter on the South American football. Tonight I took in the

Boca Juniors V River Plate, Libertadores game and it has just descended in to madness with the players of River Plate being attacked by pepper spray from the Boca fans as they emerged for the second half.

Unbelievable scenes, the South American fans really are mental.

The derby between Boca Juniors and River Plate at La Bombonera stadium is suspended for aggression suffered by the River players as they stepped onto the field to begin the second half.

Apparently fans of Boca Juniors launched what appears to be pepper spray.

Leonardo Ponzio , Matias Kraneviter and Ramiro Funes suffered severe irritation in his eyes.

Funes was one of the hardest hit. With obvious irritation in one eye , the defense was interviewed in the middle of the court and said : "They are cowards , it is a football game , not a war."

30lpabb.png

madness, and a new low for argentinia football.