Upcoming Dates - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If Tommy Sheridan picks a fight with a bear, and the bear eats Tommy Sheridan. The bear (and the world) win.

Reconciliation with God due to the fact that our sin debt has been paid is the best news that the world could possibly get.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reconciliation with God due to the fact that our sin debt has been paid is the best news that the world could possibly get.

Oh? Where's he/she at?

Edit: Don't want to appear sexist

Edited by Scunnered

Wait a minute .Your earlier post said Jesus created everything.That includes the choices that man makes.Both good and evil and also the extortionists themselves.Would it not have been easier to put a stop to extortion by not creating the choice to extort in the first place.By your understanding he created the extortion ,cries foul then attacks the extortionists for being there.Sounds like Jim Murphy and foodbanks FFS

So man makes the choices? We agree.

Through freewill, man is free to choose between right and wrong, good and evil.

God does not make our choices for us.

We have to take responsibility for that.

So man makes the choices? We agree.

Through freewill, man is free to choose between right and wrong, good and evil.

God does not make our choices for us.

We have to take responsibility for that.

You said Jesus creates everything .That means he created choice and no choice .Freewill and constraint.Man is therefore free to choose and not free to choose.In short the creator has created everything including the outcomes of choice Therefore we have no choice.We cant take responsibility if we have no control over anything that has or is to be created. .

Oh no. Not provable. Anything but provable.

Rather than just say 'go on then, prove the existence of god', which will lead to more mentalness than I can take, let me just ask you this.

How are the theories of the big bang and evolution less provable and less probable than the existence of god?

Edited by redstevie007

You said Jesus creates everything.

Jesus created everything.

That means he created choice and no choice.

God gave us freewill within creation.

Man is therefore free to choose and not free to choose.

Choice is unavoidable. (If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.)

In short the creator has created everything including the outcomes of choice.

God has not decided the outcome of our choices. We do that. Heaven (for example) is available to all. You are free to accept or reject heaven.

We cant take responsibility if we have no control over anything that has or is to be created. .

You can take responsibility and you do have control over your choices.

God creates tobacco; man makes cigarettes; man decides whether or not to smoke. God does not make you smoke. You decide whether or not to.

how long till Heaven 17 ?

:sing: I've never been closer...

How are the theories of the big bang and evolution less provable and less probable than the existence of god?

The hypothesis of evolution is an impossibility.

Special creation is the ONLY possibility.

The hypothesis of evolution is an impossibility.

Special creation is the ONLY possibility.

The existence of god is just as theoretical but scrutiny of it sits outside the realm of science because of people like you chanting your dogma. The theories of the big bang and evolution can at least be evidenced, gods existence cannot.

It's logical deductive reasoning based on common sense.

Truth carries the most weight. Always will.

You believe that your ancestors were 'soup' and you call that science.

Not because it has even a remote possibility of being true, but because you want it to be true and you are comfortable tricking yourself into thinking you are somehow off the hook of accountability.

Actually no, there IS another explanation for the universe and it's far more likely, not to mention provable, than god.

No there isn't, that's just scientific illiteracy.

Even the big bang needs a miracle to start it off.

Rather than just say 'go on then, prove the existence of god', which will lead to more mentalness than I can take, let me just ask you this.

they aren't less provable. There is no way to test "god".

Evolution is much better defined than the big bang.

Scotty is just being an advocate for his "truth".

No there isn't, that's just scientific illiteracy.

Even the big bang needs a miracle to start it off.

I was merely pointing out that Scotty's claim has an alternative possibility - god is not the only possibility (can't believe I'm giving him that) for the existence of the universe. Edited by redstevie007

I was merely pointing out that Scotty's claim has an alternative possibility - god is not the only possibility (can't believe I'm giving him that) for the existence of the universe.

Hey it might have been "god", the chances of it being a god of a particular dogma over anny other dogma is tiny.

Out of the millions of different beliefs on this planet and every other planet what's the chances that your one is going to be correct. Assuming you're the one who is right is mental imo.

Least with evolution and big bang you can experiment to falsify it, there are avenues to be proven wrong, these dont exist in religion really that i'm aware of.

Out of the millions of different beliefs on this planet and every other planet what's the chances that your one is going to be correct. Assuming you're the one who is right is mental imo.

I never said I was right, just that there are other theories that can be scientifically tested, (at least some) proof of them happening exists and that they're far more likely than the existence of god, the existence of which conveniently can be neither proven nor disproven.

Science is at a distinct disadvantage when discussing the existence of god because science deals with 'things', whereas god is unquestionable because you must have 'faith', which really is mental.

Edited by redstevie007

I never said I was right, just that there are other theories that can be scientifically tested, (at least some) proof of them happening exists and that they're far more likely than the existence of god, the existence of which conveniently can be neither proven nor disproven.

Science is at a distinct disadvantage when discussing the existence of god because science deals with 'things', whereas god is unquestionable because you must have 'faith', which really is mental.

Sorry i'm not disagreeing , just blurting out my own shit here.

To be fair science says nothing about god, cause it has nothing to say, it is a concept, not a physical thing that can be investigated and reduced.