Sky - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

now there's a surprise I can't get talking to somebody that will cancel me <_<

i've been advised its a 30 minute wait to talk to somebody and the live chat thingy is always showing as busy

Cancel your Direct Debit.

yey - finally got through to them

after a couple of bluffs about 'that was the lowest price they could do' (first £25 and then £22) I've got them down to £17.50 a month for the next 12 months for the same tv package.

Which I think is the original price I paid back in 2001.

There's more ways of getting your fitba' fix than Sky.

Funny how the Polish satellite channels often show more EPL games than Sky at only £10 a month.

I have polish sat with 250mb fibre broadband and sports and others packages and its 45 quid a month all in, I also get free phone calls worldwide

You get all the english games that are on sky and BT plus Saturday afternoon game, all the same Spanish games, all the CL and Europa league games, some French, Italian and polish league too, eurosport shows 4 german games a weekend, all for 10 quid a month, puts into perspective against sky

Edited by Al2014

Guest flumax

yey - finally got through to them

after a couple of bluffs about 'that was the lowest price they could do' (first £25 and then £22) I've got them down to £17.50 a month for the next 12 months for the same tv package.

Which I think is the original price I paid back in 2001.

Good stuff. Thats how to operate with them

How much should an HD package with the entertainment cost per month?

we cancelled sports and movies last month and it has only dropped £19.50

should never have left it up to the wife to do it, she couldnt remember what she agreed !!!!

Mine dropped about £19 a month just for getting rid of movies.

(You can do that on-line ..... need to phone them about Sports).

Guest flumax

So of the back of this thread , I checked in 2 month time mine was rising to £43 (47% up). Phoned up, now down to ~£25

I cancelled all my sky subscriptions last year. Missed it for a couple of days, then barely noticed it was gone.

Their broadband was mince as well. Had nothing but trouble with it so i moved to o2. Then o2 sold it back to sky and the very day it changed over again i was back to the same problems with it. Moved to plusnet and they`ve been much better. Not a great signal all through the house at first but i got those wi-fi extenders and it`s been perfect ever since.

Switched from Sky to Virgin, no financial ensentive to satying loyal and sticking with the provider.

Will probually switch frok one to another evry two years on their new customer incentive package.

Providers just gamble that you are too lazy to move.