So Good To Be Back Home Again - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So Good To Be Back Home Again

Padre Andrew

The sentimental ties to Hampden mean i'm glad we're back there but i have to say the noise levels at Celtic park were better than any game we've had at Hampden in recent times (obviously the fact that we played two of our rivals played a part in that)

The break from Hampden made me realise just how much we could do with the stands being closer to the pitch, that being said, it'll be nice to be back in the national stadium

Ibrox v Georgia was alright....... both games at Celtic Park were very flat.....

Expecting NI to be not much better and Gibraltar to be a hark back to the early-mid 90's of 1000's of screaming kids giving it high pitched chants of "SCOT-LAND SCOT-LAND SCOT-LAND" for 90 minutes :-))

Have to say though, really glad to be back at Hampden, as just didn't take to being on the road :ok:

I can't agree with that I'm afraid.

Being there the other day just reminded me how much we could do without Hampden altogether.

I can agree with that I'm afraid.

Being there the other day just reminded me how much we could do without Glasgow altogether.

I just became a member of your message board but it seems I have no rights to open up a new topic so I place my post in here…It's related to Hampden so I hope it's fine ;-)
Basically I'm looking for two guys which are portrayed in my football photo book and I would need your help to find them.
Please have a look on the photos I posted on to my Facebook page (20th of January)..below the link

https://www.facebook...286560588201865

Maybe you know the guy on the crutches or the street musician in Glasgow?
If you do so it would be great if you could get in contact with me. I would like to send a little gift to both of them.
The pictures were taken in Glasgow on the way to Hampden in September 2011 before the qualifier match Scotland vs Czech Republic & the Dutch referee.

Here a bit more of background information to my project:
My name is Juergen and I recently brought out a football photo book. It's a book which shows the big variety of our football world and at the same time that there are more similarities as we probably would think. The book is called "Der Grund ist Fussball / United Football Grounds" and simply brings our football world a bit closer together. Parts of the earnings are donated to the Score Project in South Africa.

The book came out in Germany and german medias reported about the book, here just one example from the Spiegel. Showing in the photo gallery also one of the pictures I mentioned above.
http://www.spiegel.de/reise/fernweh/stadien-der-welt-im-bildband-der-grund-ist-fussball-a-998884.html#spRedirectedFrom=www&referrrer

More
information about the book and the project can be found also via the webpage
www.unitedfootballgrounds.com

Many thanks in advance for all your help & kind regards from Germany,
Juergen