Recorder - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

An update, I have an outside aerial connected to a masthead amplifier which is supplied by its power source which is in the house. This then supplies a variable booster and from the booster that sends a coaxial cable into Humax and from Humax into TV. Booster also sends coaxial to upstairs TV.

All that means hee haw to me but I think in lay mans terms it means I'm flucked if with all that I still can't get a decent signal.

GJ read article, took out dongle for wifi from back of Humax and checked all connections. Couple of other things still to do, like order new aerial lead from booster to Humax and to TV. Thank you.

An update, I have an outside aerial connected to a masthead amplifier which is supplied by its power source which is in the house. This then supplies a variable booster and from the booster that sends a coaxial cable into Humax and from Humax into TV. Booster also sends coaxial to upstairs TV.

All that means hee haw to me but I think in lay mans terms it means I'm flucked if with all that I still can't get a decent signal.

GJ read article, took out dongle for wifi from back of Humax and checked all connections. Couple of other things still to do, like order new aerial lead from booster to Humax and to TV. Thank you.

Is the the Humax to TV connection a co-ax or an HDMI?

Depending on the make of your TV, you could possibly just plug in an external hard drive.

If you can find out the make, I'm sure we can find out if you can do this :ok:

My nephew said if I tell you this I'll have the mickey taken even more, but to be honest I don't know if an external hard drive is a real thing so may all be a mickey take!! Anyway it's a Celcus, Sainsburys finest!!

Is the the Humax to TV connection a co-ax or an HDMI?

It was an aerial and an HDMI but now just HDMI as trying it without co-ax. Seems to be holding at the moment but not holding my breath. There's a wind turbine 150 meters high just up the road on Cathkin Braes and I wonder if it messes with signal?

At my school it was Annie's Song on the recorder.

Edited by G-Man

:rollsmile: I don't even know you but you don't half make me giggle on here sometimes. Cheers :ok:[/quote

I've been told it's better if you just stick with the first part of your sentence in regards to me! Well so my aerial man said.??

See, I cannae even quote properly now!!!

Edited by G-Man

My nephew said if I tell you this I'll have the mickey taken even more, but to be honest I don't know if an external hard drive is a real thing so may all be a mickey take!! Anyway it's a Celcus, Sainsburys finest!!

It was an aerial and an HDMI but now just HDMI as trying it without co-ax. Seems to be holding at the moment but not holding my breath. There's a wind turbine 150 meters high just up the road on Cathkin Braes and I wonder if it messes with signal?

At my school it was Annie's Song on the recorder.

The wind turbine could cause problems if it's between you and the transmitter.

It will play movies from a hard drive, but it won't record the telly. Out of luck, I'm afraid.

I can play films on DVD so alright that way. In fact the way the telly is I'll only be watching videos/ DVDs!

The wind turbine could cause problems if it's between you and the transmitter.

It's not in direct line but is between us so think that is problem.

Does anyone know anyone who chops down turbines on the quiet?

Edited by G-Man

I can play films on DVD so alright that way. In fact the way the telly is I'll only be watching videos/ DVDs!

It's not in direct line but is between us so think that is problem.

Does anyone know anyone who chops down turbines on the quiet?

It could be there is a reference to it in the link below

http://urbanglasgow.co.uk/archive/generic-glasgow-and-quoteco-and-quot-thread__o_t__t_813.html

When they built Whitelee everyone was borrowing tellys from each other to put in spare rooms as TV guys were giving out Sky (? Or something like that) boxes for each TV so they could watch telly through that and they were getting extra channels at no extra cost. Came to my house saw shiety reception and said it wasn't windfarm it was tree out back! Had tree topped, no difference. Turbine went up on braes, picture really bad but this time the number they were giving out to complain about any signal problems went unanswered. To be honest I gave up after a week whilst others just phoned every half hour for about 10 hours a day till they got someone to come out.

I think it's a lost cause.