Celtic Park/sfa Pricing - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Park/sfa Pricing

deso1

only my second time to celtic park (both Scotland Games) and it was a total shambles!!!

1) going in via turnstiles 6-13 - they had formed a cordon that was FOUR people wide to get 7 turnstiles worth of people through!!! took ages to get to the turnstiles as you literally could not get round the queue to get to the further away gates.

2) stewards at the turnstile clearly could not read as he spent ages looking at my ticket!! Surprised he was not checking my T&Cs to make sure the SFA had not missed an opportunity to shaft me.

3) get into the ground and im looking for section 201...I can see signs for 101 - 106 but no 201. so I go along to see if 201 is in the next section. Nope dead end. hear that the game is actually underway so run back to the other end. Nope another dead end. Look again and see in the smallest writing possible section 201 via 101. I then had to scale the whole bloody stand to my seat. Arrived at half past (usually arrive at Hampden that time too) and missed first 10 mins

4)went to toilet at half time. No signs or stewards to direct me so went with the flow of fans. Turns out they were going for the hospitality pies at half time which as in the main room off the left of the corrider. Kept going straight on through the double doors and found the toilet which the majority of fans were using. naturally went to go back the way I had come...only to be met by, for the sake of this story Mr Thick, a proud employee of Celtic F.C who looked fetching in his Celtic Tie. As I went through the double doors Mr Thick literally shoved me back and said "where the hell you going?"

"back to my seat. I came through this way" my response with, admittedly an indignant look on my face having been confronted by staff at a Scotland game. "not this way you don't you idiot. fans go that way" as he pointed to an exit back towards the stand. needless to say he was dumbfounded for an answer to my question of how was I meant to know as do I look like I attend here often?

long story short I emerged at the half way line and had to walk along rows saying excuse me excuse me all the way to the corner where maloney celebrated.

I know Hampden is not perfect but 10 times better than celtic park. I am actually glad I can't make tomorrow night as a cold wet Tuesday night there is not for me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We left Aberdeen at 2pm normal time for any 7.45 kick off, traffic was an absolute nightmare. We parked in the coach park and were still late for the game.
Almost 6 hours to get to Glasgow is mental.

Don't think that Bryan Adams playing at the Hydro the same night helped traffic going into Glasgow either especially on a Friday night.

Ah, right, that makes sense then. Coming from that direction you will be approaching the Lisbon Lions stand first. The Jock Stein stand is the opposite end so you have to go past either the North stand or the main stand to get there. You can go either way, but probably less congestion going round in front of the main stand.

Cheers :ok: My wife is coming with us on Tuesday so we will have one sensible person. :D

The queue to get in took about 10-15 mins and everyone was wandering about in the dark. It would certainly be useful if they tarmacked outside the JS stand and put some lights up. Also, the queues for food/drink at half time were really slow, weren't that long, just didn't move forward. Will be happy to get back to Hampden. View from the stand was decent.