Futsal (Fustol) - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

was at the indoor fitba centre today for my daughters game

some of the pitches are marked out for futsal - lines a few yards off the boards , and goals off the boards

so no ball staying in play

game seems more geared to playing to feet , and ball is heavier i've been told - not sure if big at home now....

this is in Canada ; where the game appears to be more inclusive - i.e. one club with many levels and teams

my daughter is an U10 girls team ; one of 4 for the club , and many of these in Calgary

- the older levels seem competitive but interest appears to dwindle a lot at adulthood

the weather here definitely a challenge - hence the indoor facilities

huge dump of snow this weekend - will likely see the grass in about 6 months

the scandanavians appear to deal with it (leaps and bounds since 70s cannon fodder)

the mindset of the people may be the issue

We are entering the European Championships for the first time. We have qualifiers in January against Sweden (hosts), Armenia & Israel.

Unfortunately we are miles behind most other European teams. We are still having trials for the national team and have not played or have planned any friendlies ahead of the qualifiers in 2 months. Apparently we will play 5 friendlies before the qualifiers but not clear yet if it will be against other national teams or clubs sides.

At least we are making a start and hopefully next time round we will have played several games and built up a decent team.

I am looking forward to it all startng and hopefully I will make the first game (if at home)

We are entering the European Championships for the first time. We have qualifiers in January against Sweden (hosts), Armenia & Israel.

Unfortunately we are miles behind most other European teams. We are still having trials for the national team and have not played or have planned any friendlies ahead of the qualifiers in 2 months. Apparently we will play 5 friendlies before the qualifiers but not clear yet if it will be against other national teams or clubs sides.

At least we are making a start and hopefully next time round we will have played several games and built up a decent team.

I am looking forward to it all startng and hopefully I will make the first game (if at home)

am assuming the direct correlation of this game is if embraced at a grassroots level nationally will be better close control skills ?

tanner ba for the new millennium....

My work has a national 5 a sides every year and it was futsal 3 years back.

Ball is smaller and heavier and definitely geared towards more touches. There are no walls and for our rules you weren't allowed to slide tackle or header. Really took it out of you as well as it was constant touches and moving.

We all said at the time that this is something our schools should be looking at and I would stand by that.

A few years back when i was younger, I remember we had something called futebal de salao which sounds pretty similar. This was brazilian football where you worked on ball control and skills and also used the heavy ball like you say.

Encourages young players to keep the ball at feet and on the deck rather than hoof ball which clearly isn't a bad thing. It's something that I would say helps the technical aspect of players, helps with short passing, one twos, skills and dribbling. I'm sure clubs probably do some sort of one off training where they get a heavy ball in and focus on this, it's something that should definitely by encouraged.

A few years back when i was younger, I remember we had something called futebal de salao which sounds pretty similar. This was brazilian football where you worked on ball control and skills and also used the heavy ball like you say.

Encourages young players to keep the ball at feet and on the deck rather than hoof ball which clearly isn't a bad thing. It's something that I would say helps the technical aspect of players, helps with short passing, one twos, skills and dribbling. I'm sure clubs probably do some sort of one off training where they get a heavy ball in and focus on this, it's something that should definitely by encouraged.

It's the same thing - FUTebal de SALao.

Never played it, but one thing I do know about it: the rules used to state that you could not play the ball while your hand was on the ground, but they had to change it as there was a huge amount of arm and shoulder injuries due to players not putting their hands down when falling over.

There are a few leagues popping up around Scotland now. Perth league has been affiliated with the SFA for a while. I played in the UEFA cup for Perth saltires a few years ago and the standard was frightening. We managed to get a point against the eventual group winners who then went on to play Barcelona in the next phase. Above is a video of an overhead kick scored in one of the group games

There are a few leagues popping up around Scotland now. Perth league has been affiliated with the SFA for a while. I played in the UEFA cup for Perth saltires a few years ago and the standard was frightening. We managed to get a point against the eventual group winners who then went on to play Barcelona in the next phase. Above is a video of an overhead kick scored in one of the group games

cheers, watched the vid

some goal

version over here is played on indoor artificial turf ; so maybe different to euro version