Ticket Shambles - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Shambles

jimstroma

Were you at the game at Hampden in 2003 ? I spent 2 hours sitting adjacent to the Irish fans in the West enclosure getting called an orange by wee ends from Glasgow. The worse away support that there has ever been at Hampden

And why should Irish fans be responsible for Scottish sectarian bigots from Scotland who probably never set foot in Ireland causing problems at a Scotland match?

I was in the away end at Hampden in 2003 too. Yes there were some some sectarian bigots trying to start sectarian songs and abuse Scotland fans but 100% they were Scottish. They also seemed to have home end tickets too as 2 of them tried to take our seats.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you never went to the NI friendly at Hampden?

It was like a Rangers away support. Utter sash bash.

We had to leave the Florida Park Bar as it was uncomfortable for the females who were with us. Drank with Ireland fans before friendly at Hampden no problem. Same in Dublin.

Ni fans were running riot with cops at the Celtic cup game before the game.

Agree with that. Both NI games I've been to at Hampden and in Dublin weren't particularly enjoyable experiences. Would be in no hurry to play them again.

These wee scare stories usually only pop up just before away games. Remember the TA was going to get massacred in Serbia?

To be honest, I think there's still a bit of the "Irish are monsters" mentality lingering in the heads of some people who were watching the news in the 70s. The reality is that the Irish support are very good company and won't cause ANY trouble anywhere in the city. It's true that the inbred Scot-Irish are a bit harder to deal with but there actually aren't that many of them and if you do encounter them you either ignore them or laugh at them.

The only thing that can potentially cause a problem are threads like this putting the naive on their guard from the big bad IRA members all around them in the stadium.

I'll be happy to sit next to an Irish supporter at Celtic park. And out-sing him to f*ck.

And why should Irish fans be responsible for Scottish sectarian bigots from Scotland who probably never set foot in Ireland causing problems at a Scotland match?

Well, O'Neill did select them after all. Though it looks like one of them is going to miss the game through injury.

:D